Fatherhood

By Anonymous - 14/09/2022 23:00

Today, I got further proof my boyfriend isn’t a good dad. I had to leave him for about 4 hours to see my mom in hospital, but when I got home the baby was crying to be fed with a dirty nappy. I asked why she hadn’t been fed or changed. Apparently it never occurred to him that that’s why she was crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 739
You deserved it 414

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your choices at this point are to sign him up for a fatherhood class or three and demand that he complete them and ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING or he can pay child support for the next 18 years for a kid he’s not allowed to see.

It's not OP's responsibility to teach her husband how to be a decent father and human being. I hope she leaves him and chooses child support.

Comments

Your choices at this point are to sign him up for a fatherhood class or three and demand that he complete them and ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING or he can pay child support for the next 18 years for a kid he’s not allowed to see.

It's not OP's responsibility to teach her husband how to be a decent father and human being. I hope she leaves him and chooses child support.

It's a boyfriend, not a husband. That's one of the problems.

My apologies, I meant to say boyfriend. Marital status shouldn't matter, parents are parents and he's not being one.

Ouch! You meant you have two children at home unattended and in need of supervision. Next time hire a babysitter specifically for the boyfriend and the baby. I cannot understand biological dads who stay to be the parent and have zero respect and understanding of their duties. Sorry for the kid, must be awful feeling to be in distress and ignored by your dad who is right there.

Plot twist: Her boyfriend is a guy she just met on tinder yesterday and knows nothing about. child care.

kydubs 2

y’all just be having children with anybody huh :)

"Further" proof? How often do things like this happen? You may want to re-evaluate your relationship if he can't be an equal partner in raising your child.