Call 'em now

By Anonymous - 01/08/2021 02:01

Today, I had to tell my adult daughter that living in a pigsty house, breastfeeding when she can be bothered, changing a nappy only once a day, and leaving the baby at any relative's house while she shops is not adequate parenting, and unless she improves, I’m getting social services involved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 383
You deserved it 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aracrifice98 7

Don’t even give her a chance she has already shown neglect to that poor baby, get that baby out while you can.

SalamanderSlick 1

As someone who was raised by a mother like that, PLEASE step in now. It won't get better. I wish my grandmother had gone through with all her threats of having CPS remove me and my siblings if our mother didnt improve. She'd fake it just long enough to get her off her back. This is the phase of mothering where she should be the most doting. Don't wait for something awful to happen or for her to bring more kids into what is guaranteed to be a miserable existence.

Comments

Aracrifice98 7

Don’t even give her a chance she has already shown neglect to that poor baby, get that baby out while you can.

Sounds like it's already time. I don't understand how she can be breastfeeding and leaving the baby places, for neglectful periods of time. Isn't the baby hungry? Somehow I don't think she is pumping and saving up milk in advance. 🥺

SalamanderSlick 1

As someone who was raised by a mother like that, PLEASE step in now. It won't get better. I wish my grandmother had gone through with all her threats of having CPS remove me and my siblings if our mother didnt improve. She'd fake it just long enough to get her off her back. This is the phase of mothering where she should be the most doting. Don't wait for something awful to happen or for her to bring more kids into what is guaranteed to be a miserable existence.

Your daughter is showing her baby how cold and unfeeling the world is. When the baby gets out into the real world, it won't be disappointed and maybe pleasantly surprised that it's not as crappy as its mom.

More like the kid will expect everything to be as bad as their whole childhood and have to undergo years of therapy in order to even slightly trust anyone.

This sounds kind of like postpartum depression to me.

DoctorPALO 14

Is this any kind of excuse for this behavior, though? If she does have PPD, she needs help NOW.

xxlk4xx 6

as another commenter said, this seems like it could be postpartum depression! please get your daughter to a Dr so they can help her! I had ppd and my house was an absolute disaster, it was so bad I was literally just doing the bare minimum and trying to keep myself alive. if she won't get help then yes, maybe get child services involved and maybe they can encourage her to get help. if moms mental health is better then baby's well being is better too.

DoctorPALO 14

Step in NOW. That baby didn't ask to be born and it sure as hell didn't ask to be neglected! If you or the baby's father can't or won't help long term, and your daughter can't or won't care for the baby properly, think about private adoption or fostering with a decent family. Either way, that baby needs help NOW and as it's grandmother, should you be more concerned with it's health and well-being than just making threats?

Sadgurl64 10

call social services asap. you can get in trouble for not protecting the child. 1 diaper change a day is unacceptable, I hated changing diapers so I potty trained before 2 years with both my kids. call immediately please