Failing upwards

By Anonymous - 26/02/2021 20:01 - United States

Today, I got my acceptance letter from Harvard University. Yay! Unfortunately, I sent it as a joke, never thinking I'd get accepted and I have absolutely no way to get there, or the money to pay for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 880
You deserved it 529

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The nice thing about Harvard is that if you're accepted, and cannot afford it, they will find the money for you to go there. Contact the financial aid department and explain it to them. Then, crowdfund for the money to get there. Good luck to you.

Anyone can afford Harvard. It's getting in that's the hard part. Once they think you're worthy, they'll do what it takes to get you there. Congrats! That's really great that your joke had such a good punch line.

Comments

The nice thing about Harvard is that if you're accepted, and cannot afford it, they will find the money for you to go there. Contact the financial aid department and explain it to them. Then, crowdfund for the money to get there. Good luck to you.

they arent releasing decisions until april?

Anyone can afford Harvard. It's getting in that's the hard part. Once they think you're worthy, they'll do what it takes to get you there. Congrats! That's really great that your joke had such a good punch line.

Wow, RichardPencil is even being positive here. Congrats and good luck at Harvard! I agree - they'll often have strong needs-based financial aid. Don't give up on it, you can find a way to make it!

I'm sure that many family or investors would consider a Harvard student a good risk. You should go for it.

ojoRojo 27

I clicked “you deserved it” but not in a mean way... clearly you deserved your acceptance to Harvard! Congrats, and I hope you’re able to take the advice from other comments and find your way there :)

Go. Private universities, like Harvard, have HUGE endowments. They can give you much more financial aid than public state universities. I went to an Ivy and only had to take out $6k in loans TOTAL. And that was only to pay for summer housing. I would've had to pay a lot more had I gone to a state school.

thats awesome! im waiting on my decision from princeton and i really hope i get in. if not, a state school it is

You sent it as a joke? Must have been very impressive. I guess if Elle Woods could get in, anyone can.