Facts over feelings

By Anonymous - 23/10/2020 14:03 - United States - Springfield

Today, I noticed that my mom still has me saved in her phone with my married name. I told her she could change it back to my maiden name. She said, "Not until it's legal!" My husband and I have been separated for more than 2 years and my divorce will be finalized in 2 days. She still won't change it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 132
You deserved it 196

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sara Niemantsverdriet 12

Me. Every single person in my contacts is in there with their first and last names. Keeps things much tidier.

Comments

This is her phone. Her world. She can have anything anyway she likes on her phone. I’ve been married for over 40 years. And don’t have any idea what’s in my Wife’s phone. I have no interest. She’d show me if I asked. But I have no interest. Would you like her going through your phone? And making comments?

Congratulations on 40+ years! that's lovely 😊

diraven 15

To really mess with her change your name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock

Nhayaa 21

It's a bit weird to put the last name of her own daughter, isn't it? Who does that for close family members?

Sara Niemantsverdriet 12

Me. Every single person in my contacts is in there with their first and last names. Keeps things much tidier.

I'm with Sara, it keeps things more organized for me. Plus many of my family members\family friends have the same first name (actually in many same first and last!) so I put their first name and surname. In the OPs case I would just have laughed - you went more than 2 years without noticing - so does it really matter that she change it NOW or in 2 days time?

I do because my phone alphabetizes by last name, so it’s easier to find them. Plus, if anything were to happen to me, someone could get in my phone and see who to call based on last name.

rotflqtms_ 21

I have everyone's whole names, even middle names if I know them. The only person whose middle name I know but have something different is my mom because I made her middle name "Mom" so I could tell Google to call mom.

Suaria 38

I put everyone on my phone as their first and last names including my parents. Some people do that

Maybe it's in case she goes missing so they know who to look up... but I imagine they could look up the number in some sort of database.