Easily distracted

By Jeanine - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I returned to my apartment to find everything reduced to ashes, hidden in black clouds of smoke. Turns out there was a blackout, and my fiancé lit a candle on top of a stack of all our wedding papers. When he smelled the smoke, he got hungry for a taco and left instead of calling 911. FML
I agree, your life sucks 69 342
You deserved it 5 816

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And you want to marry someone so absent minded?

Comments

Wow, sounds like you snagged a keeper. Run while you can! Heck, if he burned the wedding papers it sounds like he made it easier for you!

Sucks_to_be_you 0

He's a keeper. Tacos are awesome.

wowfmlife 0

Wow, time to find a smarter guy

@#7 & #32 Lets try not to stereotype people please. We all agree that the person that the OP was talking about is stupid.

Aflacduck 0

Agree with #37. There are idiots in both genders, I can't tell you, as a man, I would sit a candle on my wedding papers, smell the smoke and go get a taco. (I hate tacos) :)

birds_fml 7

At least now you know what an idiot he is. Don't marry someone that stupid.

the guy deserved it for putting a candle on an unstable location. a stack of wedding papers is a very creative location! (Y)

Emika_fml 0

Well, my first instinct would be to say you should dump him, but... ... if only there were clear signs of his asshatness... ... like if he'd passive-aggressively "accidentally" set your wedding plans on fire ... ... of if he'd done something clearly demonstrating that you mean less to him than a taco ... ... hm, it's a tough call.

jdkfgkjdfb 0

Breakup time? If this isn't fake…