Drunken antics

By Stilljobless - 19/01/2010 11:51 - United Kingdom

Today, I got a missed call from a job that I really really want. I completely forgot that my answer machine message was a ridiculous and rude poem that I recorded previously when I was drunk. Somehow I don't think I'll be getting a call back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 084
You deserved it 39 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

....who's real name is Rick, 'cause she has a dick. Congratulations you've hired a tranny

flawedgenius 6

there was a young girl called fanny who wanted a job as a nanny (3 more lines to this limerick) Close?

Comments

flawedgenius 6

there was a young girl called fanny who wanted a job as a nanny (3 more lines to this limerick) Close?

....who's real name is Rick, 'cause she has a dick. Congratulations you've hired a tranny

DanielleTheOne 3

LOL that was the perfect ending :P i laughed so hard lol

phreshboi 1

well done well done I shall now clap my hands together

Haha sorry for getting you drunk. (:

Cartain 0

They already called you, so aren't you the one who is supposed to call back?

That's fraken hilarious! I am so sorry for your loss.

YDI. Everyone knows that when you are looking for a job, you need to change your phone so it doesn't do ringback tones and change your voicemail message so it sounds professional. I would say call them back and hope that they didn't really notice. THAT oooooor, change your greeting. Call them and say you just wanted to follow up because you had never received a call. If they say they called, tell them they must have misdialed, because your phone has no missed calls or messages.

geordieboysgirl 0

It's also possible they had someone lower down the food chain call and who ever is hiring didn't even hear your message.

I don't think they'll judge you because of your answer machine message. Most people get drunk occasionally, even managers. If this is the only drunk impression they got from you, it probably didn't matter ;)

Subtext: I can tell you from past experiences of bosses citing such messages, they DO pay attention, and they DO judge. One of the girls here almost didn't get a second call back because she had a ringback tone and some weird message about being a secret agent. The ONLY reason she got the second call is because one of her friends works here. Employers search out potential employees online, too. They are definitely trying to get a feel for the person before they decide to give them a chance. That message could have easily lost the OP their chance.

Or you could just answer the damn phone.

txgirl09 5

@idkweird. You clever so-and-so. It's genius in its simplicity. I hope the OP reads that in time to make it happen. As for the OP, why would you ever have a message like that on a number you've given potential employers in the first place? And no one should have to sit through some dumb poem you wrote every time they want to leave a message.

youthink_fml 0

I've had silly messages on my answering machine but never rude and I always change it if I'm hoping for a professional call. Stupid people deserve what they get as do people that do stupid things when drunk.