Didn't see ya there!

By jazojigga - 02/03/2009 01:09 - United States

Today, I borrowed a van to move some of my furniture. I wasn't used to the brakes so when I stopped at a red light, I pretty much ended up in the crosswalk. Suddenly, I heard a loud thud at the side of the van. I turned to see what idiot would walk into a van. It was a blind man. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 799
You deserved it 52 267

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ikcor 0

With all due respect to the blind guy, why didn't he detect your van with his cane, or just hear it?

#7 How's the blind guy going to sue? Not like he took down the license plate number. HAHA. I'm going to hell for that one.

Comments

@7 Why are people saying you deserve this? It doesn't seem like anyone's fault to me. No, you're still wrong. Your excuse ain't valid, you lost the control of the vehicle, because you neglected to get used to it beforehand. You should NEVER drive a car you can't control. Get used to the controls before in safe areas, at low speed, before driving it in real traffic, you moron. Also, nothing will happen to you, so this is most likely a "f*** his life".

Edmund_Dantes 0

Gotta go with 12 here. "nothin you could do about not being used to the breaks?" Seriously? The first time you stop the thing, you should know how the brakes work. And for all of you "sympathetic" idiots, it's "brakes," not "breaks." This is entirely your fault, and you should feel horrible about hurting a blind man because of your bad driving.

You can't get used to something the first time you try it, you have to practice it and then you get used to it!! For all you know this could have been the second or third time this person drives it!! If you weren't there to know the situation, then don't judge!!

13 - the way the fml written, that COULD have been the FIRST time they stopped, which is exactly when you said they should figure this out, HENCE the fml we read. once out of the driveway the van was sitting in, the op has no choice to start driving on the road directly, not everyone has a mile long driveway to get a handle on it before they pull out on the road.

i realized the op might have to brake going out of the driveway, but i wasnt there.

I said it was their fault because they should have known the sensitivity of the breaks before hand. I don't care if they weren't used to it, you should always get comfortable with the car FIRST before taking it on the road and driving it around other people and putting their lives in danger.

where else do they go try it first? you make no sense. if its in a small driveway, theres no where else to take it BUT the road, duhhhhh. i mean not everyones a genie to wish themselves a secret underground tunnel from their driveway so they have somewhere to drive for an hour. even if they went to test it in a parking lot nearby, they would still have to drive on the road to get to the lot. come on people...

11 - You're an asshole. He can't help it if he's blind. It's like he gouged his eyes out. That's a really unfortunate turn of events. It could happen to anyone. But if the blind man knew where the crosswalk was, how could he not notice the van? I thought blind people carried canes. 3 - If there were other vehicles at the crosswalk, the blind man might not have been able to differentiate between the sound of each one, therefore, he wouldn't have known there was a van in front of him.

dude, u def should have gotten used to the breaks, seriously, you could've hurt someone else...it def was ur fault, unfortunate about the blind guy, but if there were a bunch of ppl like u driving trucks, there would be far more accidents and potentially fatalities lol...

liveitlearnit 0

What I want to know is why the blind man was crossing the street unaided? A walking stick is not going to tell you if a large automobile is coming your way.

oh my god sry but thats really funny sry fore the blind man

This is BS, a blind person would have heard your car and lets just say he was deaf too they know how to use their canes to feel cars, it's not even funny

taylorsaywhat 0

hahaha, number ten-- you're so going to hell, but that's hilarious. =) i agree.

l33tm0nk3y 0

haha, man, of all the stupid dumb luck...what are the odds, right?