Deflection

By Quicky5_ - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Jasper

Today, at work, my coworker's belongings went missing. Infuriated, she accused me of stealing, because I'm black and "stereotypes don't just make themselves." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 890
You deserved it 2 600

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Correct, stereotypes don't just make themselves. Racist assholes like you do." Then walk away.

Comments

Pretty sure you can file a charge against her for that. Sorry you have to deal with such an ignorant coworker

sorry hit ydi by accident so i hit fyl too

You could easily get her fired for it. So easy. On the otherhand, it would be exactly like firing a black chick for talking bad about white co-workers. Imagine the shitstorm that would come from that on.

OP should totally get that person fired. We are supposed to work in racial hate-free zones. That's the law. If OP's coworker wants to be racist, then she can be racist in the privacy of her own home. At work, you gotta put a lid on it. OP is going to work and she basically was called a thief because she's Black ? **** that. I wouldn't put up with it.

Well she has a point, considering that the stereotype of people from Alabama is that they're stupid. (But on a serious note, just...woah. What the hell?).

FFS!!!!! Don't even engage with a person like that. Document it and escalate to HR immediately. The urge to punch that bitch in the face is strong I'm sure (I'm sitting several states away and this FML infuriates me so much, I want to punch a wall) but if you stay calm and follow through with HR , that person will probably be out of your life at the end of the week. Good luck OP. please let us know what happened! Nobody needs to put up with crap like that !!!

How could anyone vote this down??? How is it your own fault for being black???

You must be new here. Sometimes fingers slip and hit the ydi button on accident, and sometimes people are complete trolls that find any little detail to claim that it's a ydi.

Also, some people do it to collect the trophies unfortunately

Wow what an awful bitch. I don't know what to say but that definitely is grounds for an official complaint. I bet it's one of those useless but very opiniated harpy types.