Cough up

By Anonymous - 13/11/2009 22:29 - United States

Today, I learned I have over $10,000 in debt, despite never owning a credit card. Apparently, my ex-roommate had been replying to the credit card offers I was receiving in the mail. That also explains my missing driver's license a few months back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 449
You deserved it 3 074

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is fraud and is a felony. OP, turn him in and take it up with the credit bureau. He needs to go to jail for this.

dudeitsdanny 9

Get the idiot for identity theft. That's messed up. FYL for having a criminal roommate.

Comments

I call fake. You can't get a credit card without a social security card. If this is true, though, go here: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp There, you can monitor your credit score once a year, paid for BY the government. Also, you can sign up for FreeCreditReport.com, and they will monitor your credit and let you know of any kind of activity that affected your score or increased your debt.

It's not hard to get ahold of if you live with someone. I mean, I knew where my college roommate kept hers. I've gotten mail that had my SSN on it. I keep my old tax records, which have my SSN on them. Also, I don't know where the OP is, but up until about 4 years ago, my home state still used your SSN as your driver's license number. There are any number of ways to get someone's SSN, even without the card.

I'm pulling the "if I had a nickel" for every bad roomate FML...

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

popatia 0

For the past week or so all the fmls suck. Including this one!!

Yeah, I've had my SSN on my license. In only one of the 5 states I've lived was it required; all others either gave me a choice or didn't mention it at all. (And because this is an FML comment, I should clarify that I'm referring to what is printed on the license, not what I needed to obtain said license.) The state that required it was WV though, where everything is bass ackwards.

YDI for being really that ignorant! Good God, use your eyes and logic, and don't ever trust anyone that blindly! Now with all that said FYL

Let me get this straight. You lost your driver's license but didn't report it? What are you, nuts? You might as well have purchased a firearm and blown a hole through your own foot. Also, how the hell did he reply to your business mail with just your DL since your Texas license doesn't contain your SSN? *hmm* This FML sounds most suspicious...

HBubble 3

Your a fool if you don't get the cops on him