Congrats!

By AlwaysAfraid - 23/10/2015 22:33 - United States

Today, I received the honorary title of "Student of the Month," because I'm the only quiet kid during class. Truth is, I just have no friends. I was given an award for being socially awkward. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 793
You deserved it 2 513

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Redoxx_fml 22

Who says social awkwardness won't get you places

Thanks to your spiffy new title, your friendlessness is about to change!

Comments

There will never be a more appropriate time to hit the YDI button

Psycho_Babydoll 26
disasterlydeed 26

How does she deserve it, though? Making friends doesn't come as easily to some people as it does for others. Reasons being anxiety, depression, shyness, etc. I'm genuinely curious as to why you think op deserves something she probably feels is embarrassing to her enough.

Be proud of who you are! At least you get recognized for being social awkward

As an active English teacher, I will tell you the award you received is more valuable than you realize. Respectfully speaking from the other side of the classroom, you have no idea what it's like to not teach material at the level you want because the kids won't be quiet enough for you to teach it or they just aren't getting it...and the few that actually do want to learn, you have a hard time keeping the room quiet enough for them to learn it.

In the society of tomorrow (more like modern dark ages), kids have to look like slaves. Quiet, submissive, smart enough to do their job but not to think outside the box, be active and fun. The fact that they give award for a student who's not social just makes me sad.

Like some others, My group of friends are all from middleschool. We're like 6-7 guys, with the addition of any cirrent girlfriends to the group. Best friends in the world.

Hann0rslovsu 21

The Same Exact Thing Happened To Me At My Old School, literally for thee same reason. I feel ya

Look at the bright side You got an achievement like if it was an xbox or playstation game

Yeah.. the same thing happened to me when I was in middle school. I was really confused to why I received it, but now that I think about it, I think they just felt sorry for me since I was "shy awkward kid" with no friends. Things got better when I got to high school though, I now have a circle of friends I talk to on a regular basis. :)

In middle school I got a superlative for most shyest. I hated it, who wants to be remembered for that?

disasterlydeed 26

Ugh so did I!!! Like, why would anyone even include this as a category anyway? It's already enough that I hate being put on the spot, being voted "most shyest" just makes it worse, imo. But at least I was in the yearbook for something other than just my name and photo lol