Company time

By IStillHaveMy8hrShiftToGo - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - Beaverton

Today, I came in to work early at a restaurant to help out. I stocked, baked pies for the next day, cleaned and set over 50 tables, and vacuumed the entire two stories. When I went to send an order for the first customer of mine, I realized I hadn't even clocked on. Four and half hours of work wasted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 749
You deserved it 10 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask your boss to adjust your hours. Simple solution.

Not wasted. Your boss needs to have a "plan B" for people who forget to clock in. By law you aren't required to work for free even if you forgot to clock in.

Comments

Ask your boss to adjust your hours. Simple solution.

cheshireau 26

Exactly what I was about to say. It's simple enough to do. I also think they are lucky to have you in there service.

buttcramp 21

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I once forgot to clock in for a whole shift and didn't even realize until I got my paycheck! My boss just put those hours on the next check for me after confirming I really did work that day.

JMichael 25

Normally I just have to go to my HRM and have her adjust my hours if I forget to clock in or out.

Though it sucks that you tried to be a keener, a lot of companies will not pay you for working extra time if you were not asked to do overtime. Last place I worked at that had a punch clock would not do that, the managers just checked the card to ensure I was punching in and out around my scheduled hours.

nerfballer 8

At least your boss will appreciate your extra work.

I don't understand why this was voted down

I'm sure your boss will understand if you talk to them and show them your work.

If he/she doesn't believe you, you have an FML posted to prove it. Maybe? I dunno good luck OP.

Wiringify 22

Uhh. A bit off-topic but your hat is bigger than your head.

42 - shouldn't a hat be bigger than your head? I think you might have issues putting it on or wearing it if it was smaller...

63 Thats exactly what I was just thinking! He does look a lot like Bieber... Maybe that's his doppelgänger. :)

Not wasted. Your boss needs to have a "plan B" for people who forget to clock in. By law you aren't required to work for free even if you forgot to clock in.

Hey I'm sure your boss noticed and is impressed

I never understand why people always say they wasted hours when not clicking in is an easy fix. Talk to your boss. He or she will understand.

Wizardo 33

If someone knew you were there that early, say another colleague, talk to the chief and get them to validate it. All is not lost OP.

Hopefully there were other people around who could verify you were there! If not....I'm sorry, that sucks dude :/

pwnman 33

Let your boss know! He'll be happy to have an efficient worker and include your pay in the work hours.

These fmls are so stupid. If you don't talk to your boss about it than you deserve to not get paid for being a moron. Time fixes were the easiest thing to fix when I worked an hourly job.