Check your socials

By Quitting Social Media - 25/10/2023 16:00

Today, my admissions to my dream university was rescinded and no longer being considered for a $45,000 scholarship. Apparently, the content of my TikTok account does not align with the University’s values. I forgot I have a few videos of me twerking and lip syncing a few profanity-laced songs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 321
You deserved it 1 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How did they find your social media? You should have denied making the video saying it's a deepfake created by your enemies. By the way, what kind of tight-ass university kicks out teenagers for being stupid? The point of higher education is to take stupid teenagers and help them become less-stupid adults.

painful life lesson in why you don't act like an ass on social media for attention

Comments

How did they find your social media? You should have denied making the video saying it's a deepfake created by your enemies. By the way, what kind of tight-ass university kicks out teenagers for being stupid? The point of higher education is to take stupid teenagers and help them become less-stupid adults.

even companies do this when hiring. it's the norm now. anything you put on social media can and will be used against you. don't be an idiot in front of a camera and you won't have this problem

painful life lesson in why you don't act like an ass on social media for attention

If you didn't think to sanitise your social media in this day and age then I'm sorry but ydi. You KNOW that it's probably going to be checked. Sad but true.

HouseOfM 8

Yeah that sounds about right. This has been a thing for about the last 20 years. You should, at the very least be aware that what you do online can impact you offline.

That uni sucks like a hoover. Find another one, more comfortable with your socials contests and not trying to spy on you. Their "values" are worse than hardcore-religious.

This is why you have to be very careful what you put on social media. I know it's your own account and your right to do what you want in your own time, but if you do something stupid, it will always come back and bite you in the butt. This is why I have a separate account for sharing things that would turn away potential employers and the like.