Change

By notip - 15/11/2009 20:04 - United States

Today, I was at work, when this guy came in and paid for his ice cream, then handed me a dollar. I've never gotten a tip before, so I looked at him and said, "Thank you so much, I appreciate it." He stared at me with a weird look for a moment, and then said, "Can I just get that in quarters?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 095
You deserved it 5 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would've helped if he'd asked for the change while handing it over, rather than expecting you to be able to read his mind. I understand your confusion

He's an asshole for not saying anything to you in the first place. I hate it when people do that.

Comments

God, I hate it when people do that. I worked at Baskin Robbins for a while, and people apparently confused us with a goddamn bank...they always wanted change of some sort. Our policy: NO CHANGE once the register is closed. But they don't seem to understand that. But back to your post..... How the hell were you supposed to know that he wanted change when all he did was hand you a bill and stare at you? Last I checked, the human race wasn't telepathic...

Plenty of people still tip well. I work as a delivery driver and just got a $9 tip off a $25 order yesterday. We also have a tip jar that recently a couple came in and gave over $5. OP - adding a tip jar to the counter would help ;) ours says "Feeling Tipsy?"

half of da stuff people put on dis app arent even fmls.

He should have told you what the dollar was for first, it aint your fault

perdix 29

If you want to earn a dollar, put whipped cream in your cleavage and make the guy motorboat you. Don't expect free money.

perdix 29

Oh, no, mercy, I am completely for equality between the sexes, but the last time I put whipped cream between my hairy manboobs and motorboated a female customer, I got probation.

Cut it out you two, you're turning me on. :]

perdix 29

Manboobs, manboobs, manboobs!

i always tip, i don't know what's wrong with these people - what part of cali do you live in? i do like the whipped cream motorboat idea tho. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb....

I worked at a concession stand for a movie theater, and sometimes people would give me tips. It was usually just a quarter or two from their change, but one time I had a guy tip me two dollars. I never expected it, but I was certainly grateful. I guess sometimes customers just feel like being nice; it was rare, but it would happen. So it isn't wrong for the employee to think it's a tip if the guy specifically didn't ask for change. Workers aren't telepathic!

jw90 18

oh boo ******* hoo. even then ur not allowed to accept tips anyway.

srak 0

ooo...jumped the gun. how embarrassing!