Call CPS!

By Anonymous - 30/05/2020 17:00

Today, I discovered via my webcam that my brother believes in teaching babies to self-soothe, which in practice means ignoring my baby until she stops crying, only changing the nappy once in the 7 hours I was at work, and forgetting to feed her at all because he’s too busy watching Netflix. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 055
You deserved it 297

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Yeah, that's not self soothing, that's child neglect.

omg I'm so sorry to hear this. He shouldn't be allowed to watch her again until he knows better.

Comments

You get to watch a baby on a webcam for 7 hours at work? You sound productive!

She could have watched the record footage when she got home

Well, if she watches 7 hours of baby footage, while he watches Netflix, we now know which one is the "dumb" sibling. Baby viewed by one fixed camera vs. "Tiger King?" It's no contest!

I highly doubt that she watched it in real-time. Even you, a teacher, can't be THAT gullible, can you?

I know it's hard to imagine, but I can scroll through my babies whole night in the crib in a mere 10 seconds and see how he moves all night in fast forward.

And you do it so well. Must be the constant practice.

bloopaloop 27

Yeah. Just send your brother to do your work job instead.

tounces7 27

Yeah, that's not self soothing, that's child neglect.

omg I'm so sorry to hear this. He shouldn't be allowed to watch her again until he knows better.

leximichelle 13

It’s only “self-soothing” if the child is otherwise cared for. Meaning clean, feed, and burped if needed. Then you can let them cry for a while (assuming they aren’t sick or in pain for some reason.

a child should never have to "self soothe"... that is horse shit lazy parenting if they do that.

Time to change your Netflix password!

As a mom of a young child - that is absolutely NOT how you teach a baby to self soothe!! That is tending to the baby at night when crying, in slowly expanding increments so they realize you will keep coming back.. not what your brother did! That is absolutely neglect, a little one can't go seven hours without eating! Please find someone more competent to look after your child. If that was my baby I'd be LIVID!

Oh no, he would have had to fight me. And after I whooped his ass, I’d tie him up and leave him to self soothe for 7 hours.