Be careful what you post on the Internet…

By Anonymous - 26/06/2019 06:13 - Canada - Vaudreuil

Today, my 10-year-old son's friend googled his name and found breastfeeding pictures that I had put on a personal website when he was 2 days old. Now he gets laughed at, and his friends all saw pictures of my breasts. FML
I agree, your life sucks 787
You deserved it 3 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, google his classmates. Promise you, you weren't the only one who wasn't thinking of long term consequences when posting pics of your child on the internet. In fact, pretty sure you could make a "baby pic bingo": Diaper blowout, bathing photos, face full of food, crying because they're trying to put two legs into one leg hole of their pants,...

And people wonder why I get pissed when they post pictures of my kids on their pages without asking me. None of my kids pictures have been posted anywhere online by my wife or I, but relatives have done it or my own kids have themselves. Some my kids have posted have come back to bite them in the ass, but I tell them it’s their own fault

Comments

So, google his classmates. Promise you, you weren't the only one who wasn't thinking of long term consequences when posting pics of your child on the internet. In fact, pretty sure you could make a "baby pic bingo": Diaper blowout, bathing photos, face full of food, crying because they're trying to put two legs into one leg hole of their pants,...

I can safely say neither my mother nor my sisters were ever dumb enough to post pictures of crap like that. People with two brain cells to rub together know the Internet is forever, and some things need not be seen. Thankfully my cat doesn’t much care that there’re pictures online of her with her head stuck in a grocery bag handle. Or her covered in house paint.

Yea I'm aware single individuals possess more common sense than just posting pics of themselves and their kids (half)nude. Thank God. But let's face it, there's an entire generation of kids who'll have to face the humiliation of their developing years being captured in HD and distributed all over social media for everyone to see growing up right now. And I don't envy them. Just saying, OP's kid is most likely not the only one in class with that unfortunate start in life.

manb91gb 15

Well at least you're posting stuff anonymously now!

And people wonder why I get pissed when they post pictures of my kids on their pages without asking me. None of my kids pictures have been posted anywhere online by my wife or I, but relatives have done it or my own kids have themselves. Some my kids have posted have come back to bite them in the ass, but I tell them it’s their own fault

bl3ur0z3 17

When my 17yo was born, my dad had a personal website and wanted to put up pictures. I reminded him that he'd told me to be careful with what I put online and didn't want our names and pictures up. I can still access that site and there's pictures of a great great aunt in my stead. She's hideous looking, my dad claimed on the site I look just like her. So he mocked me, but at least I didn't put my breasts or anything else I didn't want to be found then or later on the internet.

I’m all for body positivity and breast feeding if you’re able but...whyyy would you post pictures of that anywhere online ever?

it's the internet sweetie. nothing is private.

Explain to son that they were also most likely breast fed and just laugh back at them... Or get rid of them as friends because they are shit.

Their moms probably didn't post pictures of them sucking on their boobs online for the world to see, though.

Knowing your friend’s mom has breasts is one thing. Seeing your friend’s mom’s breasts is another. Seeing your friend sucking on his mom’s breasts is a whole other planet. Like, I’m aware my mom breastfed me. Doesn’t mean I want to see it. Hell, I’m aware I came out of my dad’s nether bits. It’s a WHOLE other story actually seeing them.

And you posted those pictures for the whole world to see, why exactly? What did you think would happen?

With his name linked apparently 🤦🏼‍♀️

Mungolikecandy 19

Never put anything on the internet which you would not want to potentially become public. That said it is not really a big problem as it is just a picture a child breastfeeding.

LostSoul 19

I have said this for years. I never posted any pictures of my children without their permission. They were also old enough to make that decision. We do not own our kids.