Basic Instinct

By too proud to beg - 23/09/2020 02:02

Spicy
Today, I told my husband that it makes me feel unattractive and undesirable that I’m the only one to ever initiate intimacy. Not just sex, but also basic affection like hugging and kissing. His response? "Oh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 262
You deserved it 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

she did initiate a conversation with him and he ended it very quickly, that was literally the whole FML. he needs to put in effort if not in the intimacy department at least in the conversation about it.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

it's obvious why you have a hard time 😂

Comments

Chandl3r 9

When it would come to someone like me, we doubt ourselves or it's just that we don't know if it's ever a good time. With how the world is going it's really bad and I understand your his SO, but it can be rooted deep. Try talking to him and find out why, work with him and he can start to move forward to what you'd like. There's always some compromise. For all we know, maybe he's just not a touchy type of person.

she did initiate a conversation with him and he ended it very quickly, that was literally the whole FML. he needs to put in effort if not in the intimacy department at least in the conversation about it.

Chandl3r 9

What she said is a statement that can be either answered with a comment or expanded upon, what I was saying is she needs to dig deep into this and have him talk, find out as much as possible. I don't need you patronizing me off of you skimming my comment when I gave her an example from someone who deals with those types of insecurities.

Your husband sounds like mine :( I’m sorry.

bobsanction 18

Now you know how 90% of men feel when we have to do all the ******* work just to get a womans attention at all.

Jillian Cosby-Kelly 15

it's obvious why you have a hard time 😂

It’s not his job to fix your insecurity. Instead of complaining here, talk with him, or a therapist — about yourself.

my husband is the same way, if I ever tell him that he gets offended

Well, at least he doesn't reject you when you do initiate it.