Bad timing

By amya - 17/10/2009 08:39 - Canada

Today, I had a phone interview for a job I've had my eye on forever. I was dumped a few hours before the interview, but was okay until I was put on hold with music playing. Me and my boyfriend's song came on and I started bawling. I could hardly talk when they took me off hold. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 369
You deserved it 9 941

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

sounds like you and your ex's song is elevator music..?

mr_funny 0

YDI for ur ex's and your song being elevator music.

Anyone who doesn't understand why she'd be in tears hearing a song she associates with her ex a few hours after their break-up, obviously never had to end a relationship worth having. Cheer up, OP, props for still getting out there and getting on with your life.

No_fyl_cuz_ydi 0

well now you can get a fake boyfriend and pretend to talk to him .... that's what the other girls are doin

leiasaysghost 1

YDI. if you had your eye on the job then you shouldn't of let a stupid boy bother you. your career>your boyfriend. you need to get your priorities straight in life.

xd0rkiee 0

Are you saying you can control every single emotion you feel? If not, stfu. It's not like she wanted to start crying her eyes out.

Wow that's pretty much the worst logic I've ever heard. It's not like she was like "oh hey honey I have an important job interview today so if you have any devastating news to tell me, right now is the perfect time." She didn't plan the breakup, and she was holding herself together well until something happened to remind her of him. You're not very intelligent are you.

anonnie 0

If I was the interviewer, I'm not sure I'd wanna bother with her. If I hire her, is she gonna be taking company time to cry her eyes out again? I know you can't always control your emotions... But if you can't even keep it together until after u hang up the phone then idk... I'd move onto the next candidate.

Everyone saying she's being dramatic or is stupid for having a song is obviously someone who has never had a meaningful relationship or someone who is all of 12 years old. And everyone saying how stupid it is to have a song is just thinking way too much of a cheesy 80s/90s movie. "Our song" could mean a song that happened to be playing when he asked her out, or first kiss, or whatever little moment the point is it brought up memories that were painful. OP I sympathize good luck I hope the interviewer rescheduled or you had an interview with a different job some other day.