Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

curryndricegirll 0

For all the people saying YDI, like you've NEVER said something weird to a telemarketer. The telemarketer was pretty dumb for buying that story. Why would you be telling him instead of a friend. But that's probably one of the funniest telemarketer stories I've heard. Next time tell them he's deceased; see what the telemarketer does.

xenaa_fml 0

hilarious i would never think of doing something like that, i always just hang up haha

I used to mess with telemarketers until it dawned on me that most of them hate their job more than I hate their job.

poison29 0

24 - he was just doing what he thought was right. OPs fault for being a dipshit. i hope your dad smacked you over the head for making him deal with CPS. 36 - calm the hell down! it's their job.

haha, you never expect the telemarketers to actually care about you...

well its great that they cared enough - but just because your dad was gone why didn't she ask if your mom was gone too before deciding to call child services?

shelbypoo 0
cartering 0

Because of good samaritan laws, the telemarketer could have spent up to 90 days in jail if s/he hadn't called CPS as a result of this joke. Its the same thing as finding **** on a friends computer - you don't report it asap to the police, then your just as guilty as the person who downloaded it for their entertainment when it comes to time to hand out sentencing. And telemarketing calls are often recording. What if this happened to be a day her boss was listening in to see how she was doing her telemarketing job? why should the telemarketing have to go to jail because the OP is a complete idiot?

sublime420 11