Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

as much as i don't like telemarketers, it actually makes me happy to know he/she called CPS.....that was actually a fairly thoughtful thing to do

rainbowchelle 0
guacala 0

i don't agree with the people that are saying that the telemarketer is an idiot etc-- i think that shows that the telemarketer is a good person! they were concerned enough about the safety of (what they thought was) a young child that they took the extra step to ensure the child was in good hands. i know i certainly would not have gotten involved like that, and i'm sure most of you wouldn't have either! we need more concerned citizens like that telemarketer. anywayyy, this was completely hilarious!

Jessyca_fml 0

That made me laugh so hard. People can take things way out of context but atlest they are alert and aware that it might of been a real thing so I'm glad she contacted services , so if this really happened the child would be safe.

meddude 0

c'mon. everybody messes with telemarketers. haven't you ever had fun with one of them? it's amazing! those that think the telemarketer is NOT an idiot obviously have never dealt with a telemarketer the fun way.

guacala 0

but #46 and everyone else, telemarketers AREN'T idiots? i mean some certainly are, but its completely not correct to say that every single one is? their profession has no larger proportion of idiots than the proportion of idiots in whatever your profession is. i don't personally know a single telemarketer, it just pisses me off when people make shitty statements of generalization like yours.

Hahahahaha. SIgh. gotta love(hate) them telemarketers. Well at least this one did it with the best of intentions; i only dislike them because the phone calls get annoying.

Hmm, it warms my heart ever so slightly that the Telemarketer cared enough to call help for you.

That's Great!!! We always mess with telemarketers! We just pass the phone around and talk with them until they hang up... way to go.. teach them how it feel to waste someone's time.

cantth1nk0fnam3 3

the telemarketer needs to mind his own damn business