Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

Yeah, I really don't get how you being 20 matters if you were trying to sound like a small child. Obviously you succeeded.

lostathome 0

lmao. They can't do anything to him if they see his kid is an adult.

unlike everyone else you thinks your cool, i think your an idiot for doing that. some people take jokes seriously, especially on the phone. think before you do things next time. sorry to be mean, but really, come on.

exactly! telemarketers and CPS have better things to do than deal with stupid pranks from college kids. get it together.

perfectwinds 0

Everyone saying the OP was immature or an idiot: YOU grow up! That was hilarious. Screwing with telemarketers is hilarious!! Telemarketers should know that they're going to get screwed with and when child services shows up and she answers the door as a 20 year old they're going to blame the TELEMARKETER, not her. That's a few less phone calls interrupting your dinner/family time.

And wasting Child Service time for a prank more stupid than funny? Also telemarketers are annoying but at least they have a job and they are trying to pay their bills like anybody else. In fact kudos to the Telemarketer for worrying about a potential kid in need and not ignoring the situation, like he/she probably will be doing next time if getting in trouble because OP who’s basically an immature idiot.

why the hell is that "bull shit" and "your an idiot" THAT IS FHUCKING FUNNY! u go ahead and do that again...just make sure u tell them ur TWENTY!

glockjaw 0

Figures there would be some asshole calling bullshit although there's nothing THAT outrageous about it at all, gregfag. This is way too uninteresting to be made up. But to actually happen is funny. I'm sure the calls are recorded and so the person wanted to look good for their supervisor by calling in child services lol.

Ellex333 0