Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

these people need to stop being so uptight, you're pretty much hilarious

lyssa_xxoo 0

I'm a telemarketer and i think this is great! I'm pretty surprised that it phased the person making the call, you really do hear crazy stuff constantly. You deserved it, but only because it makes for a great story.

Also, i wouldnt be so quick to say that the telemarketer was a good person. I can see someone being sick of it, knowing company policy, and thinking "i bet i'll see this on FML tonight if i call CPS" No matter what the intent, the right thing was done. But it would surprise me if that telemarketer actually thought you were a child. And thank you everyone for messing with us. I don't mean that sarcastically. The job is pretty boring, and you keep me from losing my mind when you say funny things. So prank on!

#14 I agree, but why did you go to all the effort of putting an accent mark (which was backwards btw) on your u when the possessive "tu" doesn't have an accent?

haha that was good. respect! but yea telemarketers are so annoying... though they're prolly just trying to make money..

That's not funny at all! When I wuz in the 4th grade my ex-stepmom DID abuse mi and my dad left mi alone and my teacher called children youth services and they helped. You DO NOT joke about that!

Anyone who voted YDI is dumb. Telemarketers deserve it all! Next time, try something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI

nikki1001 0

A 20 year old living at home is bad? Since when? Not many 20 year olds can afford to live on their own seeing as how, ya know, they're (typically) college students and aren't making $100,000 a year to go buy a house. Some of you are just ridiculous. Anyway, while it's nice that the telemarketer cared enough to do that, what an idiot. They didn't stop to think that perhaps you have a MOM, are living with someone else, haven't been told yet that he died/left, or some other situation that really doesn't merrit a call to Child Services? Dumb.