Backfired

By Telemistake - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, a telemarketer called for my dad. Jokingly, I said, "I haven't seen him for like five days… I'm starting to get worried," in my best child-like voice. Apparently the telemarketer called Child Protective Services. I'm 20. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 444
You deserved it 70 174

Top comments

adelaide_evening 0

People are calling you an idiot? No. You are my hero.

I know somebody that has a child-like voice. She does stuff like that all the time.

Comments

LOL THATS SO SMART IM GONNA DO THAT

So what the OP is twenty and living at home? I'm doing the same because my parents and I work barely minimum wage. (Thanks, economy that destroyed the housing industry and both of my parents' careers!) Anyway, people save their parents over fifteen grand a year doing that.

uhhh college people?? why not live at home in between semesters? 30, thats a different story.

Hilarious! The telemarketer deserved that, he must be a real idiot...

That's funny. I should do that too. I'm 20 as well, yet I have the voice of a child when I'm on the phone. I even get some people calling me for me and thinking they have the wrong number because of it. Good times.

omg. ha ha/ who'd guess telemarketers have such initiative? People say weird crap to them all the time. = )

If I was the telemarketer I would assume that your mother/someone else was watching you.

I love playing games with telemarketers. I'd do the same!

MukyDaCookie 0

If I was the telemarketer, I would have made fun of you and told you that your father was either dead or left your home forever.