Alexa, play "Lovesong" by The Cure

By Guitar-ZERO - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my band had a show. We played a love song, and during the bridge, I asked out a friend of mine who was in the crowd, over the mic, in front of at least 200 people. She said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 878
You deserved it 23 288

Top comments

FYL for getting turned down, YDI for setting yourself up in front of 200 people.

Well that certainly sucks for you, but it must have been hard for her to have you ask her out in front everyone.

Comments

YDI - never ask an important question without expecting the worst possible outcome. And then have a backup plan just in case... plus you put her in the spotlight, which she probably hated.

Colby_Colbert 0

Thats when you say "boy, & i thought that getting a ******** meant she liked you"

I don't know HOW in three years no one commented on this. You're suggesting that after he put her on the spot and probably made everyone in the room hate her for the night because she "broke his heart" by being honest... that he THEN humiliate her even more and ruin her reputation? That's idiotic. He did the right thing accepting his own fail and not putting even MORE crap on her plate.

xoxo9171 0

that's sucks...I would be pretty embarresed, I must say :(

She could have played along for the sake of the show, anyway.

kellster 2

You totally deserved that for trying to manipulate her into saying yes by asking her in front of so many people. People hate being put on the spot, and people really hate feeling like they're being manipulated. You're the douche here, not her.

turtlellama 0

#23 is right, but still that's sucks :( fyl.

WOOOOOW YDI! HAHA actually I know it sounds douchey but I'm glad it happened. It'll teach you to not to try to get a girl by putting her under pressure. Sorry, though. It's a bit of FYL, too. :)

McCannCanTriple 0

Am I the only one (besides #36 it seems) that thinks it would have been worse if she had said yes and then turned him down? He asked. She answered. End of story.