Alexa, play "Lovesong" by The Cure

By Guitar-ZERO - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my band had a show. We played a love song, and during the bridge, I asked out a friend of mine who was in the crowd, over the mic, in front of at least 200 people. She said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 878
You deserved it 23 288

Top comments

FYL for getting turned down, YDI for setting yourself up in front of 200 people.

Well that certainly sucks for you, but it must have been hard for her to have you ask her out in front everyone.

Comments

**** you! You should probably know that when a guy calls attention to one person in a large crowd of ppl, they're bound to get pissy, I mean you were really trying to force her to say yes. Mother ******, KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!!!

wowfmlife 0

Aw that stinks, but it also stinks for her to be put on the spot like that

Lol, probably shouldn't of put her on the stage.

YDI for asking her out in front of 200 people. You know why it's called a "question?" Because it has 2 answers smart stuff.

It sounds like you got a serious problem. It sounds like you were too shy to ask her out directly, so instead you used the shield of people to mask out. That's a major no-no and a show for lack of confidence and self-esteem. So next time you like a girl, walk up to her, without using people or other safety blankets you may have, and just ask her out!

She probally said no cuz she was ****** nervous around hundreds of people.I get nervous askin a girl when were alone so I admire ur courage askin a girl in front of hundreds.

cherry_blossom 0

aw, i'm sorry. i know this sounds bad[ish] but i would have said yes first and talked about it later. yeah, it hurts, but it's not as embarrassing.

vansbabe66 0

**** that bitch! I hate stuck up girls.. Especially the ones who are ugly and they swear like their shit don't stink

That sucks. I see how it could gave been awkward tho. And if she said no then, that's when you ask to the crowd, "well I guess I'm gonna be free tonight, ladies?".