Alexa, play "Lovesong" by The Cure

By Guitar-ZERO - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my band had a show. We played a love song, and during the bridge, I asked out a friend of mine who was in the crowd, over the mic, in front of at least 200 people. She said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 878
You deserved it 23 288

Top comments

FYL for getting turned down, YDI for setting yourself up in front of 200 people.

Well that certainly sucks for you, but it must have been hard for her to have you ask her out in front everyone.

Comments

Afterwards, did you call her a bitch, over the mic, in front of at least 200 people? Because you should have.

Public asking-outs like this always look good in the movies but I don't think they really work in real life...personally, as a girl, I would be annoyed to be put on the spot like that, because if you say no, you're automatically a bitch. FYL for getting rejected, but YDI for setting yourself up like that.

Dude I feel bad for you. Just be friends? :D

That sucks....you're better off. She doesn't respect your feelings or your pride since she embarrassed the shit out of you during your gig. She should have said yes, then let you down in private.

How do you know that he wouldn't of done something more, like ask her to come on stage or something. People are allowed to say no and saying yes to spare people's feelings is extra rude. He didn't think about her feelings before doing what he did. He put her on the spot in front of a lot of strangers, most likely to pressure her into saying yes.

Pretty gutsy, I must say, but really unwise. If being rejected publicly was going to be a FYL, don't ask a woman out in front of 200 people.

sorry, but YDI a lot of girls don't like those public things, because they're obliged to say yes, and that's annoying. who knows? if u asked her in private and made yourself a little more vulnerable, she could have said yes...