This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

Trapped!

By Anonymous - 03/10/2017 07:00 - United States - Canton

Today, I broke down in the sketchiest part of town while I was on my way to donate plasma in order to have money to fix my car. I just accepted a high-paying job 100 miles away but I won’t have money to fix my car until I start working. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 007
You deserved it 249

Top comments

It's not really a donation if you're doing it for money, now is it?

Thanks for your input it really helped me see the situation in a different way

Comments

exileonmainst 16

Don't worry, the worst carpenter in the state also does car repairs for practically nothing!

It's not really a donation if you're doing it for money, now is it?

Try asking your new boss for the money. If I was your boss and you asked me for money in advance to be able to come to work, I'd accept.

And on top of everything, if you leave the chicken on the island with the fox, it'll get eaten!

Not the worst thing in the world. First, if you have a credit card, you can put the repairs on that. If not, you can borrow the money from friends or family, since you do actually have a way to pay them back. Just make sure that they are the first people you pay out of your next paycheck or two.

I like how being in the sketchiest part of town is made out to be the focal point of the FML, yet has nothing to do with the FML itself.

Google Maps will tell you which buses to take and what time you have to leave home to get there in time. Bite the bullet until you get enough money to fix your car.