By sauve dino. - 25/03/2016 03:12 - France - Groslay

Today, I explained to my five year-old son that the dinosaurs were wiped out because of a meteorite that hit our planet. He replied, "They should've stood out of the way." FML
I agree, your life sucks 686
You deserved it 106

Top comments

He's only 5 you know. It's not a big deal that he doesn't understand what a meteorite is...

Yeah, my stupid 3 year old son can't even do calculus. Darn idiot.

Comments

Yeah, my stupid 3 year old son can't even do calculus. Darn idiot.

Don't you just hate it when kids come out of the womb stupid? It's like they spent the whole 9ish months doing nothing but eating up valuable nutrients and wiggling around a bit from time to time. /sarcasm

How did this make it through moderation?

You're clearly a poor teacher if you can't comprehensively explain to him about the mass extinction of a prehistoric creature from millions of years ago in the Mesozoic era. Oh wait my mistake he's FIVE.

he's five so he's not gonna get it on the first go cut him some slack now if he was 25 thinking this way then be the time to wonder where you went wrong

Mathalamus 24

some of them did stay out of the way. birds, for example.

Same for me. I had one about my drunk boyfriend inviting both me and his other girl friend over and that was never published.

well, your son seems more intelligent than you think, scientists have proven that dinosaurs did not go extinct quite that fast and lived with humans, resp. some prehistoric animals still do (Nessie, deep sea aquatic creatures etc.)..the earth did have a couple catastrophes that -nearly- wiped out life or did in certain regions but your son is right, if smaller creatures and flora survived how can it be that -all- dinosaurs didin't???! The true reason they went extinct is the same as extinction happens today, natural selection and human intervention! Your son has more brain than most people..at least he thinks for himself be proud!

Dinosaurs went extinct over 65 million years ago, while humans only started appearing around 5-7 million years ago. Humans nor natural selection would've killed the dinosaurs, as the extinction was far too large. It could've been a meteorite, a change in weather patterns, large volcanic eruptions, a combination of things, etc.

cheshireau 26

I posted one about my best friend smacking away my hand to steal my hand shake from Arnie Schwarzenegger.. I guess this is what people want to see if it gets approved by the Mods. It is the way it Is.