Where you been?

By watchmaker - 16/12/2009 09:37 - United Kingdom

Today, since I had no lessons until 1 p.m., I headed out to the store to run errands. Our school has a strict policy against leaving the campus during school hours. I returned to a fire drill taking place. The fire assembly point? The student parking lot. All 900 students watched me drive in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 119
You deserved it 36 049

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your school has a strict policy for leaving during school hours. Therefore ... don't leave during school hours.

I think the school should let them leave if they have free periods. I mean either make them take pointless classes to fill the time or allow them to leave. They shouldn't be caged in.

Comments

Why didn't you just drive by until it was over?

brodizzle 0

Never have I ever heard somebody call the school grounds "campus" for a high school. I really hope it's not an American posting for that reason :P Maybe it's a California thing.

boatkicker 4

I know plenty of people who say campus for high school. I'm from Massachusetts. What other word is there that you could use? School property? School grounds? Those have a lot more characters, and since FML has a limit, campus would definitely be the best choice.

brodizzle 0

I've lived in Michigan and Maryland and I've never heard it, but maybe it's common enough elsewhere. It didn't make sense to me at all until I read the comments though. Just "grounds" would be fine for me, only one more letter.

In some parts of England, college grounds are called "campus". Theres quite a few of them, and "run some errands" is said often where im from (north west). I'll admit, i dont hear parking lot or store much, but still, quite a few younger people use them.

In Australia campus is used, especially if there's more than one grounds for a particular institute.

I'm from Illinois, and I've always said 'campus.' But it makes a lot of sense for my school because it's so freaking big.

cartering 0

In the US, schools are considered campuses, if the elementary, middle school and high school are all on the same grounds, within walking distances of each other. My school had a campus setting though no one there ever called it that. Moved an hour away and all of the schools here are proud of being campuses. I've heard school administrators from other states refer to their campuses as well

astory 0

You knew about the strict policy, and yet you left anyway. You deserved it.

What the hell kind of "errands" could a highschool student possibly have to do?

boatkicker 4

Grocery shopping, dropping off bills, something important at a younger sibling's school, doctors appointments for self or younger siblings, picking up their check from work if they have a job. Just because someone is in high school doesn't mean they don't have things to do.

sparxva 12

My school has a policy against leaving in the middle of the day. I left anyway. I got caught, but so far nothing has happened to me. FML uh, no. not an fml. not even close.

If you're paraphrasing my FML there, there were reprecussions but they didn't fit into the 300 character limit. I do apologise.

This is a very confusing post...you're in the UK so when you say school you mean a high school because when you're in college or uni you stop calling it school yet you can drive despite the fact that in high school the oldest you can be is 16 but can't legally drive until you're 18.....so either you're really in the US or you're bullshitting.....or you are missing an important bit of info to make this all work in my head.

I'm a university student and I call it school.

DanikaLee 0

why would it matter where he was from anyways

wait... I'm confused. did you go off campus to shop? like did you have a class and then go shopping and come back at one? or did you just drive up at one? because you didn't leave the campus if you weren't on it before, right?