Welcome home

By evilsandwich - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - London

Today, after house-sitting for a week, I came home to find the house in which I rent a basement suite has all but burned to the ground. My landlord didn't even bother to tell me about the fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 710
You deserved it 2 182

Top comments

Well that went up in flames. What an ash-hole.

That sucks OP. Sorry to hear. Hope you find a new place soon.

Comments

Also, if it burned to the ground and you live in the basement, you're still good right?

And the water from the firehose to put the fire out?

Just enough mystery left in this comment for me to almost wanna know what happened.

perdix 29

#13, I once had a date with a hot girl. Just as the food arrived, she got a phone call that her boyfriend got out of jail much sooner than expected. She left me immediately with two plates of food and no sex. Was it worse than that?

Too "Disturbing."When I witnessed it,I was using a barfbag for days!0_0

Worst ever, you're like those people on Facebook that post "Wow, the worst thing just happened to me. Don't know if I'll ever be the same" And never tell anyone what's going on. It's not being mysterious, it's being annoying and attention seeking.

perdix 29

Basement suite? You're not fooling anyone. You saucy, little minx -- we all know it was a sex dungeon! I'm guessing the clanking of the chains caused a spark that ignited the chloroform which made your oils catch fire.

Request your money for rent for the current month and move on

Looks like someone should have been house sitting for you, kind of ironic, if I'm using that right.

Maybe it was supernaturally burned down and it's not really your landlord anymore

Obviously your landlord didn't even care. Ugh. Sorry to hear about this.