We were on a break!

By Anonymous - 13/04/2021 17:01

Spicy
Today, it's been two weeks since my girlfriend of many years and I decided to take a short break from each other. We'd been fighting a lot and felt like some space would help the situation. I found out today that, at some point during those two weeks, she decided to go and have sex with my (now ex) best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 274
You deserved it 283

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's what "a break" means. If you're on a break, it means you're not together. which means you and she can both see other people, unless that's expressly discussed prior and you both agree not to.

Wow that was scummy. I was in a similar situation where one of my ex's (I was dating her at the time) went and had sex with another guy I was beefing with. It's best to completely remove those two out your life forever and not look back. Don't allow any of them to even make eye contact with you. Life goes on easier when you clip toxic dead weight.

Comments

Well feel yourself lucky, at least you found out the truth.

Lydmyers 9

And? if you went and slept with 20 women in that period of time, she couldn't say shit (obviously keep it safe and test it afterwards). the only problem I see is the conflict of interest.

Xatraris 38

I want to agree, that it shouldn't matter. However, more than likely she would be mad. Either party will be mad at that. I personally feel a break would be do stuff for yourself, without needing anyone else, then go back to the relationship feeling better and more of yourself. But I fear most of these breaks happen because of another person, or wanting to be with another person, sadly.

Wow that was scummy. I was in a similar situation where one of my ex's (I was dating her at the time) went and had sex with another guy I was beefing with. It's best to completely remove those two out your life forever and not look back. Don't allow any of them to even make eye contact with you. Life goes on easier when you clip toxic dead weight.

That's what "a break" means. If you're on a break, it means you're not together. which means you and she can both see other people, unless that's expressly discussed prior and you both agree not to.

you're completely missing the point. the point is that they planned on getting back together and she slept with his best friend. that would completely change the dynamic op and their best friend has also the dynamic between him and his gf. they go on a SHORT break and the first thing she does is smash his buddy, what do you think hanging out as a group would be like from then on? do you think he can trust her to be alone with him since she obviously didn't hesitate?

I'm not missing the point. And I agree that it changes the dynamic. And I agree she should have slept with someone other than the best friend. But a break means "we're not togwther right now." Every single time I've seen people "take a break" it's ultimately meant that one of the two parties wanted to sleep with someone else. And I genuinely wonder if the o.p. slept with someone else during the break.

kimdaa 12

OP doesn't indicate how long the break was for, only that it was "for a short time" and that it's been two weeks since the news was found out. A break is a break is a break and what happens during that time TECHNICALLY isn't supposed to count, but we all know how that goes. Maybe the couple should have just broken up completely at the time instead of trying to take a short break. I don't see how it's possible to move past this and the lesson is pretty clear: don't suggest or agree to a short break ever because what can happen during the break is usually a deal breaker.

Sweetie 5

Wasn't this an on going "Friends" joke?

well, you have fought her, you think woman forget? NO, never. You blew it, move on.

Stargazers 3

"Girlfriend of many years" Shit or get off the pot! She's moved on since you're still playing games. (I don't agree with hitting that close to home though)