Truth

By why - 04/11/2015 01:13 - United States

Today, it's easier to buy a house than it is to get out of a gym contract. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 838
You deserved it 2 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now is time for a stealthy mission to break in, steal the contract, and melt it with acid. "What contract?"

You can close your bank account and cut them at the source.

Comments

It'd funny how going to the gym is encouraged, when at the same time it is so damn overpriced.

I chose to read the documents carefully before investing ;)

That's how legal relationships work. Easy to get in and hard to get out of. If you bought a house and tried to get out of an already signed contract you'd face the same problem.

nataliewby 25

Just tell them "I wanna quit the gym" and pray they don't bring out Maria

If you try going to a gym don't get like a lifetime membership get one either for a couple of months or a year that way you don't have to go when you don't feel like it.

Well of course it's difficult since most people just show up once and never again. Why would you want to get out of one anyways? Unless you were signed up for it involuntarily.

There's no getting out of it. And whatever you do, don't bring a friend for support. They'll end up with one too. And when you two go to try to close your bank account to cut them off at the source, you and your friend will end up with a joint bank account. Just accept you can't quit the gym.

Beware anyone offering a contract, it's not in your favor, there's always a catch, and breaking them usually screws you twice as bad. Hell Keanu Reeves did a movie because someone forged his name on a contract and it was just easier to make a movie than get out of a contract.

yellowzinnias 20

What movie?? PLEASE say Feeling Minnesota...that would be the only explanation for that nonsense!

mwali02 32

"Keanu: I was tricked into making film" http://www.theguardian.com/film/2001/sep/11/news The Watcher: Pretty sad that even celebs can't win.