By Anonymous - 28/04/2009 04:38 - United States

Today, while working at Wendy's my boss approached me and told me the District Manager wanted to talk to me. I had been given a substantial raise the day before so I thought he was going to promote me to manager. Wrong, he told me I was being fired for eating a 99 cent cheeseburger. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 990
You deserved it 16 681

pokandy tells us more.

pokandy 0

Clear some things up. I had been working there for 4 1/2 years. Everyone at the store eats on the job and I was the only one to get fired. Never had any disiplinary problems before. The Store owners 14 year old son saw me eat the burger while working and told his dad who in turn told the DM. My regular manager didnt even know about it and was as blindsided as me. I offered to pay for the burger even double or triple for it but my DM could not see it any other way and canned my ass. O well. FML

Top comments

You mean you can get fired for stealing from your job? THIS IS NEWS!

Seems a gray area to me. It's bullshit to be fired for such a trivial thing, though since you got your raise, wouldn't you have been able to afford to purchase the cheeseburger?

Comments

Couldn't you at least have offered to pay for it?

lyndis_fml 0

Why did you steal food from work? It's 99 cents; you emphasize the triviality of the sum in your own "FML." Why not just pay for it?

Haha #13 because they fired him.... I work at McDonalds.. We do the same thing there.

lyndis_fml 0

14, he didn't not pay for the burger because they fired him. You're an idiot. He HADN'T BEEN FIRED when he stole the burger. Your ideas of cause and effect are seriously ******. They fired him because he stole food, not the other way around.

ha. this should have just been... "today, i work at wendys. fml" but i work at arbys so i feel ur pain...fml as well

if you've been working there long enough to get a raise, i feel like you probably know what you can/can't eat without paying for. since you can't follow the basic rules, it's logical to me that you shouldn't be in charge of your peers. oh, and ps... stealing is illegal, even if it's only $0.99.

that_guy321 2

why would the district manager want to talk to you about that? wouldn't it just be easier for your boss to do it?

theMOOSEx3 0

that better have been one damn good cheeseburger haha.

Industrial Relations/Labor Courts.......ridiculous if this was the only thing they have on you.

HAHAURLIFESUX 0

#2, wow. I don't even know where to start with that post. FYL poster #2 FYL indeed. "thats sad like i work at wendys as well and we like eat well working all the time though its easyer bc i work closes but still thats dumb" I think what you were attempting to say is: That's sad, I work at Wendy's as well and we like eating WHILE working all the time. Though it's EASIER because I work closing shifts but, still that's dumb." Don't put unnecessary "likes" in written sentences. Don't say them either, it makes you sound like an idiot.