By Anonymous - 17/09/2018 17:30

Today, while trying to hold the door open on an elevator, I managed to drop something down the elevator shaft. I'm blind, and the something was my white cane. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 477
You deserved it 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Surely it would be dangerous if there's a big enough gap between the elevator and the floor of the hallway for a cane to fit through it?

Comments

commandpriority 5

What? You didn’t see that coming?

What is wrong with a bunch of you, making fun of this person's blindness? That's horrible.

If we could figure out what is wrong with us, this site wouldn’t exist!

As a blind person, I say blind jokes are as good as any and there were a few good ones on here. What is inconsiderate is the rude way some people ask. Curiosity is good and it’s good to ask but there are better ways to ask than how some of the commenters on here did. ( You’re right Mr. Pencil, if that were the case no one would be on here.

Ironically he yelled “Look out below!”

OP, did you not have the strap securely around your wrist?

mecaslender 5
LilyRose8 6

If u are blind, how did u type this post???

jsikes 8

Then...how do you even use this app? This app is literally 100% reading. Do you have someone read every fml for you, daily?

Daniel Scurlock 4

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SomeRandomGuy 7

So like...you don't have to use an app to type on here, first of all. I'm on a laptop currently, and computers have endless possibilities for accessibility. Screen-readers, software that reads pages for you or even prints out hard-copy braille that they can read, etc. Second of all, if people are asking more literally "how did you type this?" Well, you don't actually have to be able to see to type. Every keyboard I've ever owned has had the F and J keys marked with a raised line (the two index finger positions on the home row). It would probably be a bit more challenging to learn for a blind person since they can't ever see the keyboard, but it wouldn't be that difficult to memorize the placement of the keys and learn to type that way. A lot of people can type without looking at the keyboard anyway, so it's not a magical, unheard-of thing.

stepped_under_a_ladder 5