By nela25 - 30/07/2013 17:51 - United States - Utica

Today, while I was eating cereal, my mother thought it would be appropriate to grab the bowl and start spoon-feeding me while making airplane noises, again. I'm 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 373
You deserved it 8 794

nela25 tells us more.

nela25 23

I'm actually just visiting my mom over the summer, since I'm off from college. I burst out laughing when she did this, and thought this post would make people smile. There's nothing bad about what she did. So before some of you start making assumptions saying I'm a cranky old fart and what not, take a reality check and shut that smart ass mouth of yours. Good day.

Top comments

This is so wrong. She obviously needs to do car noises, not plane noises. That way she can honk if you refuse to open your mouth.

This takes the "always my baby" thing way too far... Be thankful it's not diapers :/

Comments

oj101 33

Lighten up OP. She's just kidding around with you for fun. Jeez, some people are so uptight today.

tfriedrich49 9

Better spoon feeding you than just plain old spooning you...

One day it will be the other way around, enjoy her before she becomes senile!

Wow, OP's only 19 and already a cranky old fart. You really need to listen to your mom and learn a few things about staying young at heart. Growing up doesn't mean you lose your sense of humor.

Dswank620 18

At first I read that as "Today, I was eating a bowl of camel" I don't know why...

R5luver 5

Just because OP doesn't like the joke doesn't make her uptight. If she doesn't find anything at all in life funny, then maybe she's uptight. But I wouldn't want someone disturbing me in that way while eating breakfast, either. When I'm eating breakfast, I like to think about random things and have a bit of "me" time. I don't want that interrupted by someone grabbing my cereal bowl away from me and making ridiculous noises. It also seems like the mom has done this multiple times and OP has yet to find it funny. Mom needs a new joke. One that OP actually finds funny, not annoying.

I would enjoy while you can you never know what might happen and you wont have that anymore

Gothicbunnyx3 16

Am I the only one who would think it would be cute? Having a mom still spoon feed you when you're older, it would still make me feel like a kid at heart!

nela25 23

I'm actually just visiting my mom over the summer, since I'm off from college. I burst out laughing when she did this, and thought this post would make people smile. There's nothing bad about what she did. So before some of you start making assumptions saying I'm a cranky old fart and what not, take a reality check and shut that smart ass mouth of yours. Good day.

Gothicbunnyx3 16

Thanks for clearing the air OP. It did make me smile, all the people who thought you were just being too uptight are too uptight themselves.

I'm guessing they think that cause you said fml meaning you didn't like it at all... Just my opinion could be wrong

writing a post like that on a site devoted to FML. you asked for it...

oj101 33

Wow. That was quick. Over 100 thumbs up to -5. #85 - I figured since you posted it on FML, you didn't enjoy it. Glad to see you find the humorous side of it :)

This is called fml not omg this is so funny what happened to me so before u open ur smart ass mouth make sure it's worthy of fml thank u

#107, is it that hard to shut the hell up about grammar. People misspell words. Get over it.

evilonesdaughter 12

my parents would do the same to me just gotta have a sense of humor lol :)

I thought it was hysterical, since I imagined your mother zooming around the room, arms airplane style, spoon aloft with cheerios flying.

Well said! I figured it was a joke because this sounds like something my mom would do too... Only in public...

The reason people come off as so hostile is because in the FML you make her sound like she's insane. Posting that story here makes you come across as embarrassed or mad etc. the site IS called FML after all :/

This site is FML, not My Mom Is So Funny. If you don't want people misinterpreting your post, don't post something that doesn't belong.

TheDrifter 23

30 years later that game's still awesome. No wonder every parent still does it.

Toasty283 8

sólo un comentario españolas pasando por

This takes the "always my baby" thing way too far... Be thankful it's not diapers :/

ILoveMyArm 15

Wait, diapers are a bad thing? But they are so convenient. :(

Yea but only if you are able to change them yourself, having a parent do it is just embarrassing, that's why those who need them either change themselves or get a healthcare worker to do it :P

And it's still better than breast feeding an adult

I think it's really sweet, in a sad way. Some moms find it hard to let go to realize you'll soon be out of the nest, and miss the times that you needed her. Just laugh at her, and let her know you're still her baby, and you'll always love her. I moved out, and I'm now married; I remember my mom coming into my room and just talking to me the last week before I left. Just like we did when I was a lot younger. My husbands mother missed her opportunity to do anything like this, and she bawled for a complete hour, on his shoulder, before she let him leave. This weird thing your mom is doing now, you'll appreciate later when it's easier for her to say, "See you later".

I will trade moms. Hell, I'll throw it $80

Me too! Ill even trade my snack pak and favorite marbles too!

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Awl.. she just misses her baby. If people were watching her do that to you I could understand how embarrassing it would be, but I don't see this as an FML situation.

Wizardo 33

That's pretty awesome actually, I'm pretty sure everyone wished they could get back those childhood memories and nostalgia :') your mum is pretty epic.

chocolatefrog28 29

Play along, keep a little whimsy in your life.

Ryan Gosling is 32 now. How long will it take him to become a full grown Goose?

This is so wrong. She obviously needs to do car noises, not plane noises. That way she can honk if you refuse to open your mouth.

When I was little, it was always train noises as i use to live right by the tube in London. Same principle though i guess.

hcollins1 18

Why does she need a reality check? For feeding her kid?