By Anonymous - 30/12/2018 09:00 - United States - Gualala

Today, while house sitting for my mother and stepfather, their elderly dog passed away. They live in such a remote location, the closest open vet office is a 2 hour drive, and the local one opens in 10 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 413
You deserved it 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If the dogs already dead there’s no point in bringing it to a vet.

Comments

Before taking dead Fido to the vet or burying him, I'd ask your folks first on what they'd prefer.

sherbear86 21

Put the dog in the freezer until you can get it to the vet if you’re looking for cremation. The vets are going to freeze him/her regardless until it’s their time for cremation. It’s hard but the best thing.

MamaChey 24

Putting Fido in the freezer is a HORRIBLE IDEA! I would have a huge problem with my kids putting my dead dog (cat, gerbil, goldfish) in my freezer. I put food in there!!!

You wrap the body in a couple layers of plastic bags first....

doggone 3

The original poster here. The reasoning for needing a vet after the dog died was for storage. Parents were on a cruise, so I couldn't really just call them up and ask if they were alright with having me dig a hole in mom's garden for the corpse, and they didn't have a saint bernard sized freezer. Wound up having to wait it out for the local vet office to open because of the weather condition at the time.

CoriCat 25

Why are you taking it to the vet..? Call them and ask what they’d like you to do. Freeze it, bury it, cremate it. There are many options. None of which are the vet..