By PackardBell - 28/03/2016 03:09 - United States - Vernon Hills

Today, while brushing my teeth, a fly flew into my mouth. It got caught in my electric toothbrush and was sucked into the circular bristles, getting crushed between the brush and my braces. I now have fly guts and goo stuck between my brackets, and I can't get rid of the taste. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 725
You deserved it 1 946

PackardBell_fml tells us more.

Hi, op here. Just want to clarify: The toothbrush is one of those circular, rotating tips. The "spinbrush," I believe. Second, I eventually cleaned out the bristles and got rid of the taste... in the morning. I slept with that taste lingering and it was horrible. This is just meant to clarify some things due to the lack of character space to type.

Top comments

I think I would've been sick if that were me.

...as appetizing as that sounds, you should probably get your hands on some mouthwash. Fast.

Comments

...as appetizing as that sounds, you should probably get your hands on some mouthwash. Fast.

There's been many fml's that truly made me feel sick but this.. This tops them all

Hi, op here. Just want to clarify: The toothbrush is one of those circular, rotating tips. The "spinbrush," I believe. Second, I eventually cleaned out the bristles and got rid of the taste... in the morning. I slept with that taste lingering and it was horrible. This is just meant to clarify some things due to the lack of character space to type.

Aerobic_Exorcism 13

I didn't really pay attention, but I think it was a little smaller because an average sized fly probably wouldn't fit. It was a bit smaller, probably about the size of the tip of my toothbrush, so a little smaller than my pinkie finger.

mariri9206 32

Ew, that's so nasty - I don't know how you dealt with it all night, OP. If it were me, I would be so grossed out and probably plan an emergency cleaning with my dentist! Sorry that happened to you!

I used like 4 bottles of mouthwash (Forgot to mention that, sorry!) and after about 3 hours of a gagging taste in my mouth (It took me 3 hours to fall asleep because the taste was so bad) it eventually went away. Then, I thought about where it went and gagged even more. I fell asleep though. Pretty dramatic lol

Alright, I'm curious. What does "fly" taste like?

I can sort of relate OP. Once, while I was laughing at the poolside, a fly suddenly flew down my throat and got stuck there. I was gagging and choking so bad but I still couldn't dislodge it until after at least five minutes of coughing. My throat tasted vile the rest of the day since I didn't have mouthwash. Still, what you went through was even more terrible.

#64 Optimus Prime. Or maybe original poster.

xKrisSmoove 21

I've been on FML for 2-3 years but never knew what op EXACTLY meant, I just knew it meant creator. Ty

Wow! Think about that the next time you want your woman to swallow...

Big difference between sperm and a fly...

yaa... I don't know who you're doing, but if his semen tastes like fly guts, he should probably talk to a doctor.

znoopy1 5

Eat chocolate maybe it will taste better! Lol

1 part peroxide to 5 parts water - rinse for 1-2 minutes then rinse again with clean water. Do not swallow the peroxide/water but if you do swallow some it won't make you sick. Does an amazing job of getting rid of bad breath too.

sammy18f 9

Flies can carry horrible diseases. Let's hope it wasn't.

Oh bless your heart, that sounds horrifying.