By gotta euthanize em all - 29/11/2014 19:45 - Canada

Today, while at work, I had to spend an hour and a half on the phone, listening to an old lady relive her entire day in excruciating detail. We're not allowed to hang up on customers, and she was extremely quick to dismiss all my attempts to steer the call back on topic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 986
You deserved it 3 707

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She's obviously lonely. What's an hour and a half when you've probably made that woman's day!

Cheer up OP, lucky it wasn't an angry customer who was drilling you for every wrong the company has ever done to her.

Comments

Sounds like something my grandma would do smh

flexico30 12

Should have forwarded her to a co-worker

What? Sounds like she killed some time from you actually working. Nothing wrong with that.

Unless of course OP makes commission at his job...

I would have like sat there and listened to her story and would have been like, "Girl, thanks for letting me know about that walmart sale! I needed some new dog sweaters!" And would have just been really sarcastic. If you can't get rid of them, troll them. Or bark at them. Woof woof.

Sounds like she was super lonely. Though little known fact, with some egregiously long calls, a fair number of companies actually have policies allowing supervisors to essentially make one time exceptions if they're just rambling or something

Some older people get lonely and just need someone to talk too, maybe that will be you one day.

Next time record your side of the convo then wen it happens after you get to hit play and go take an hours coffee break.

I created an account just to comment. I feel for OP because I've dealt with these people on multiple occasions. Once I talked to a man like this for an hour and a half. When my supervisor finally let me tell him I had to assist other customers, his response was "I'll call back to make sure you get fired." If he bothered to call back it didn't work. At my new job if a call goes over 20 min a supervisor comes to your desk to see why. Most call center employess have to worry about stats and talk times. I feel bad for these lonely people, however it's actually not my job to sit there and talk to them. My job is to assist paying customers and if I don't do that in a timely manner it hurts me.

Think of it as a good deed for the day. I'm sure she was feeling better after. Most probably didn't have anyone to talk to.

I feel ya... at least shes not asking if your jealous an wants a job my callers be crazy