By lilbit - 26/08/2009 17:08 - United States

Today, while at an amusement park my husband left me to walk with all of our friends because he said that I moved too slow. I'm pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 031
You deserved it 6 154

lilbit09 tells us more.

lilbit09 0

ok...first...this trip had been planned by our church almost a year in advance, so everyone already had their tickets to go. second...there were about 5 other people in our group that didn't like riding rollar coasters so we all went on the boat rides and the train rides, and to the shows. third...my options were go to the amusement park and hang out with friends all day, or sit at the office for half the day and then go home by myself and do nothing. fourth...i don't understand how deciding to have a child with your husband makes you a ****. can anyone explain that to me? oh, and by the way being pregnant may make you slow, but it doesnt make you boring. boring would have been staying at the house doing nothing all day.

Top comments

julia214 0

thats mean of him.. i would give him hell when you guys got home.

lilbit09 0

you cant have a miscarraige by walking around or riding the slow rides. i said we were walking through the park, not riding a roller coaster. why dont you pay attention?!?

Comments

momo98_fml 0

Seriously??? My husband gave me a hard time ONCE....ONCE when I was pregnant and I literally threw a book (What To Expect When You're Expecting) at his head!! He never gave me crap again! I say...throw the damn book at him!!! What a jerk!

dayrin7 4

omg people stf.! just because she is pregnant don't mean she can't go to a freaking amusement park... they also have pools in amusement parks!!! ps. your husband is a dick... don't worry about it thought don't take it personal...men can be so mean without even knowing it.

YDI for marrying a jerk, having jerky friends, and because you should try to stay in shape even while pregnant.

I love my jerky friends! We sit around and eat the original version, Teriyaki flavor, peppered. Maybe one of 'em will bring around some turkey jerky or venison jerky. You'd be surprised what kind of lasting friendships can be built on dried meat! (uh-oh, did I just set up a softball for some old man jokes?)

A swing and a miss, strike one! If feel like a baseball coach here. Put both hands together, keep your right elbow up and . . . "What are you old guys doing with your dried meat? Are you grabbing each others' dried meat? On second thought, don't answer -- I might throw up the bratwurst I just swallowed whole." How does that feel? That's a double at least. You might stretch it for a triple.

lilbit09 0

thank you very much!!!! i wrote this cause i thought it was funny...i mean my husband says a lot of things that he means in a different way, but they come out sounding harsher than intended. now yes i got a little frustrated with him, but in the end it was just meant to be a funny story. i didn't realize how many people would get on here and say stupid insensitive things about both of us, and it irritates me. i was just trying to make people laugh, and they turned around and started calling both of us horrible names. i'm just glad that somebody understands what was intended.

If someone is a group is pregnant, on crutches or not keeping up with the group for any reason, it is common courtesy to SLOW DOWN and walk with your friend. It is an amusement park trip among adults - it is NOT necessary to walk around the park in record time. *And just because someone is pregnant and cannot ride alot of rides does not mean that she should have to stay home and watch TV all day!

Unregistered 0

yes sweat but that time she wasted at the amusment park could have been easily put into 1)cleaning the dishes 2) cleaning the floors 3) cooking a meal seriously i would be pretty happy to come home to a clean house with a meal ready MAYBE APPRECIATE YOUR ****** HUSBAND

CL41RE 0

No wonder feminism exists. People like you.

yourkiddingright_fml 0

How is that feminist? All doctors tell pregnant women to exercise, and it is common courtesy to slow down if someone is a bit slow. So what if she can't ride the roller coasters or anything, it's fun just being with people if they stick with you.

Hermyoni 0

Just because she can't go on a ton of rides doesn't mean she couldn't go. The OP might of been waiting to go to a water park which a ton of amusement parks have. She could of went with the intention of filming everyone. She could of had a pass and wanted to make the most out of it pregnant or not. I say FYL because your husband and friends were inconsiderate and should of walked near you at least so you could be included in the conversation.

OP: Your husband and friends are dicks. Everyone else: If you think she deserves it because she went to an amusement park while she's pregnant, you're just effing stupid. Amusement parks aren't made up of only thrill rides. They also have more calm, slower rides (meant for people who DON'T like thrill rides), shows, arcades, gift shops, food courts, restaurants, and a number of other things for people to do. Just because a woman is pregnant doesn't mean she has to sit at home and watch Oprah all day until the kid pops out. Get a clue. Also, during this summer heat, I don't know why they would want to walk fast at all. Most likely, lines are going to be long no matter which ride/show/whatever it is you want to go on/see, so there's no rush. I wouldn't want to get all gross and sweaty just to be 346th in line.

She probebly went to the amusement park with them so she could be included and not have to sit at home for 5 hours by herself. She wanted to go out and enjoy a fun day, even if that means just watching. He could have been more supportive of her. He should try and carry a baby in his stomach for 9 months. Yeeesh.

firebirdforever 0

If you're so pregnant that you're having to waddle, wtf are you doing at an amusement park and such? If you're just using a pregnancy as an excuse, get over yourself. OMG, I'm PREGNANT, I'M MOODONNA, BOW DOWN TO ME AND TREAT ME LIKE A PRINCESS! Cripes, get over it.

Klabauterpete 0

Jeez, have you never heard of those sporty pregnant women? ;) Jk, FYL.

Make him get up to stop your baby from crying at 5 in the morning every day.