By Samipearl - 12/11/2010 14:06 - United States

Today, while at a restaurant with my boyfriend, a piece of ice got stuck in my throat. I couldn't get his attention until after it melted because he was busy checking in on foursquare. When he finally noticed my freaking out and I told him what had happened, he laughed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 489
You deserved it 6 392

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would've laughed, too. It's ice. It melted and you had no problems but an over-reaction. What did you expect him to do after the fact?

WTF did you do to get his attention? Wave? Clear your throat politely? Send a text message? Smack the shit out of the sucker, or just lie down and die like a dainty little wimp.

Comments

Have enough ice and it would be a slow drowning.

funzcpl 0

next time he gets choked on ice, pretend to be looking at the recent fml's. jk. that's awful.

mintcar 9

It's some sort of app. I downloaded it, didn't really understand and deleted it. The old school foursquare game was awesome. I used to play it with the few friends that I had during recess in Elementary.

it's an app that you check in a different places and you can see where your friends are.

Laughing is mentally embedded in our brains as an "its ok" response. If someone trips and breaks their leg, its not so funny. But if they trip and just get back up, then that warrants a giggle. Yes the thought of you choking a little then being immediately fine is kinda funny. I've laughed at myself for doing the same thing :)

Did you die? Did you even come close to death? No? Then it was funny because you were freaking out over NOTHING

sublime420 11

"I wanted to tell you that i was choking on snow but then the snow melted and turned to water and i drank the water so now im fine...can i use your bathroom?"

doink 0

I thought that was from Spongebob. Wow, I feel lame.

It is from Spongebob, Patrick said it to Squidward.

Doink: Yeah it was from Spongebob. Hell don't feel lame, I should. I loved both those shows and I can't even remember which one the quote came from. :& But it does sound like something Billy would say to Mandy :).

I was hoping somebody would have said that...

sourgirl101 28

You're lucky it wasn't a piece of chicken. Now, be more careful when you shallow.

You're acting like anything having to do with choking and chickens is bad. :p

RedPillSucks 31

Yes, especially when done together.

sourgirl101 28

Damn mrahhhhh(I had to count how many h's in your name) that was super funny! Where have your quizzes been lately???? Those were always fun to (try and) answer!(:

I haven't been on in forever, I can only add comments by cell phone now (college classes suck up a lot of time). Plus learning music off books takes time too. Quizzes... I haven't thought about those much. I'll make one for the next batch of fmls :).

H3ALTHFR3AK 0

sucks that your bf is inconsiderate of your feelings, but everyone seems to agree w him

perdix 29

He just knew enough thermodynamics and biology to know that the ice would melt before the serious hypoxia kicked in. Don't be such a drama queen, and also learn not to choke on shit.