By maryrain - 11/08/2011 09:35 - United States

Today, was the first day of my sophomore year. While receiving my schedule, I burst into tears at the sight of a disfigured midget. I'm now seen as the school bitch for making fun of a midget. I have a genuine fear of midgets. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 577
You deserved it 45 001

maryrain tells us more.

maryrain 0

I'm not saying that all midgets are disfigured. what I meant was that that particular person has an actual disfigured face. And yes, I do have a legitimate reason for my fear. I don't feel inclined to share that reason because then all of the people who already believe I was being an ass will still not agree with me. the last thing I wanted to do was hurt/insult her.

Top comments

Snowstar 0

Why the **** are you afraid of midgets?

A7X_LoVeee 10

13 - It's a strange fear but obviously there's a reason why she's scared of them. Also she probably can't control crying when she sees one. Think before posting another ignorant comment.

Comments

Macromartyr 3

Achondroplasiaphobia. It's a psychological disorder, like people being afraid of chairs, or rope.

bizarre_ftw 21

Out of curiosity.... Why did the fears of chairs & rope come to mind friend? Any chance you have some 'interesting' hobbies? :P

darlingdollie 24

Why be scared of midgets? They're people too.

Yeah... phobia about things that can naturally kill or severely harm you i.e.: spiders, iced lakes, large bodies of water, tornadoes, height, thunder and so forth is understandable albeit weird and idiotic if uncontrolled. Fear of midgets is just like fear of mirrors, grow up and ger over it.

HAH. The girl self-diagnosis "genuine phobia" and everyone takes her word for it. If she were actually MEDICALLY diagnosed, they'd get that s*** under control by now. I have a legit need to murder people.

You need to go into therapy for that as soon as possible. You can't go through life being afraid of an entire group of people to the point where you cry in their presence. You certainly can't go through life calling people "disfigured" and expecting others to sympathize with you. If the midget goes to your high school, you're going to be seeing a lot more of him/her, and you can't burst into tears, scream and flap your hands every time you bump into them. Ask your parents to get you some help.

The girl self-diagnosis "genuine phobia" and everyone takes her word for it. If she were actually MEDICALLY diagnosed, they'd get that s*** under control by now. I have a legit need to murder people.

icantthinkofgood 5

I have a severe phobia of bridges. I always feel the need to hyperventilate & cry while going over one, but I can control myself. No sympathy here.

fromthesuck 8

Would you all lay off the OP. Would you give Monk this much crap?

you're seen as the school bitch for being the school bitch. genuine fear? get help. phobias are defined as irrational fears.

This makes others from Louisiana look like uneducated, ignorant assholes. Thanks OP. Appreciate it.