By Owww - 10/07/2018 19:00

Today, I went to the dentist at 8:30 for a check up. I walked out at 2:00 with a root canal and several thousand dollars in debt. I guess I'm not having a wedding this year or quitting the job I hate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 695
You deserved it 438

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you could've spaced out the dental work accordingly. since you only went in for a check up it doesn't sound like it was an emergency.

thatslifeiguess7 16

Why does a wedding need to cost an arm and a leg? I had a simple garden wedding and spent $300.00. The person is the important thing . As for your job don't wait till you find something better. These are first world problems.

Comments

Didn't they tell you upfront about the costs? You could have refused you know, since it was only a check up.Finf another job you actuualy love, pay of your debt, save some decent money and then think about marriage.

Pro-tip: Next time you need a root canal trip: combine it with a trip to Europe. In Netherlands, we have actually fixed rates for dentist that are REASONABLE. In most cases you should be done for less than $200,- My brother in law from Ghana had a root canal done on a saturday evening emergency and even with the emergency fees included the cost was under $250,- Basically you could have gone on a honeymoon to Amsterdam, get your root canal done and STILL be cheaper off than going to the dentist (or any doctor) in the USA. I think if you want to cut cost on your medical bills: "Book a flight to Europe". If enough do it maybe the medical world in the USA will stop seeing you all as easy money and more as patients that need care.

Lobby_Bee 17

You don't know how to say no, do you?

Should have just had the tooth pulled. It is a lot cheaper and you won't have to come back every 5 to 10 years for another $1500 crown.

The opposite happens in India A patient comes in at 8:30 and leaves at 2 And the dentist thinks "I won't get married this year either or the next or the one after that..." "I'll do this job for ever till I die beside the chair" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just elope now. Have the ceremony and/or reception later when you can afford it.