By FUCKING POWER - 02/11/2013 21:41 - United States - Wixom

Today, there was a power outage at my apartment. I ended up deciding that the power wasn't going to come on any time soon, and that I should go to a hotel for the night. Just after I unpacked at the hotel, my neighbor called to say the power had come back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 502
You deserved it 44 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

suckitstyles 11
Suaria 38

Unless you have some dire work to do that involves the Internet, why would you go to a hotel? My house is part of an old wiring system since the town hasn't updated it so we get tons of power outages here. We have already had 3 and it isn't even winter yet. Plus I am a high schooler so having the power out when I need to do homework becomes a problem.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

That's on you. During hurricane Wilma, I didn't have power for 13 days. We managed with no air conditioning and no lights.

Im almost looking forward to the power going out this winter. My girlfriend and I agree that in severe weather she will go to my place since its closer to her job. My apartment does a good job of keeping the heat in and i have plenty of flashlights. If that doesnt work i have a spare car battery, a electric blanket and a 1200 watt inverter.

Are you serious? You can't live without power for one night? Wow.

I can't afford to go to a hotel even if I wanted to, not even for just one night. And cheap hotels are full of germs and filth and bedsheets encrusted with bodily fluids, and are much worse than my home without power.