By thelistman - 10/10/2009 01:58 - United States

Today, the traffic court judge didn't believe my three witnesses and two security cameras that proved I was innocent. He claimed a cop would never lie, and that the dashboard security cameras, which the cop brought in, were somehow edited by me. I was fined $1,000 and my license was suspended. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 374
You deserved it 2 802

thelistman tells us more.

Also, for the whole story, I had three other people in the car with me when I was caught "running a red light" by 2 cops who were both behind me. I was clearly in the middle of the intersection when the light turned yellow. I have a feeling that the judge was in a shitty mood that day. This was my first ticket I've ever received, and I've been driving for seven years. Even if I was guilty, I don't know why my fine was $1,000 with a license suspension when the original ticket was $75, and no other tickets on my record. This judge is going down.

Top comments

I am about 90% sure that the judge is sleeping with the cop.

sarcasticsteve 0

Oh wow that really sucks. You should apply for an immediate appeal and find yourself a decent lawyer.

Comments

unhappyperson 0

If your story isn't a lie, then take it to a higher court. Not only sue to recover your funds and repeal the sentence, but also sue the judge for purgery.

Assuming the story is true, if OP appeals and wins, his record would be cleared and he would get his money back. He could easily get the judge fired for incompetence/corruption, though the judge wasn't testifying, so no purgery. He may even be able to make a case that the $1000 fine and his license suspension caused him undue stress/harm (lost job or something), and possible win some money from the state.

I have a really hard time believing this. There's no way that will actually fly.

I'm guessing this was in Chicago. Best bet is to bribe or go golfing with the judge.

**** the justice system. Kill the judge in their sleep. Throw the body on the cop's lawn. Then strangle the cop with the judge's intestines and hang him from a tree!

you should appeal that. That's screwed, if it's even real.

wtf is wrong with that judge? cops never lie? a few months ago some cops came to my house when they were bored and told the biggest ******* lie so they could arrest my brother. ******* dipshits

ozac 0

what the hell is this about anyway? would be good to know. but definitely FYL for this.