By Anonymous - 15/05/2017 20:00

Today, the person who bullied me throughout my childhood eventually resulting in me going to therapy and switching schools became my boss. On top of that, he refers to me by the insulting nickname he called me during childhood. It's good to see that growing up hasn't changed him at all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 124
You deserved it 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HR, stat. They might the able to change your shifts or relocate you. If not genuinely suggest looking for a different job because it sounds like he's picked up right where he left. I'd also suggest going very public about HR not doing anything, if they fail to act.

GIJoefan 6

Exactly. I recommend the same as written above.

Comments

HR, stat. They might the able to change your shifts or relocate you. If not genuinely suggest looking for a different job because it sounds like he's picked up right where he left. I'd also suggest going very public about HR not doing anything, if they fail to act.

GIJoefan 6

Exactly. I recommend the same as written above.

This makes me wonder what the morale is like where you work! He must also be doing this to everyone else, too.

So, Poopypants, has growing up changed you?

No one needs that crap in their life. I'm with those who advise alerting HR to the existing condition, but I'd further encourage you to set about finding a different job altogether and when you find it, be sure to very clearly explain why you're leaving. Use the guy's name and give specific examples. Expecting the (typically useless) HR department to somehow change this jagoff's behavior toward you is unrealistic and a waste of your time.

I would record everything, communication in writing as much as possible, try not to be alone with him and if possible alert your supervisor why you are uncomfortable working with that boss. I wish you the best of luck. He sounds like a right dick!

All him to stop and then go to HR and complain about him harassing and decreasing you. He shouldn't call you by anything but your name.

JelloOfLife 8

Even if HR can't do anything about past allegations of bullying, you can at least alert them to the fact that you are uncomfortable working with and for this guy. If they can't do anything immediately, make sure you keep track of everything thing he does that makes you uncomfortable and anything that could be seen as harassment. Try to record every conversation you have with him so you have actual evidence.

Report him to HR. They might not be able to help right away, but getting that behavior documented as soon as possible is the best thing you can do.