By Poorman - 11/12/2011 01:03 - United Kingdom

Today, our new boss showed up for his first day of work. I thought I'd seen it all, but he demands that we say "Hail to the King" every time he passes through the office. When I called HR about it, the guy on the other end told me to "man up and deal with it". FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 309
You deserved it 4 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

desireev 17

**** that!!! I'd tell him to shove it!! FYL

Comments

Reality_bites 14

OP: This guy is a manipulative bully. You need to think about getting a new job as HR is not going to be able to help you with one, nor any supervisors above him. Dispute resolution wont work, the boss will just tell the mediator what they want to hear ie it was a joke to make the team bond etc. Make sure that while you are there, any tasks that require an action outcome are documented in a confirmaton email - that way he cant turn around later and say you did it off your own back and get you in the shit. And get out as soon as you can as this guy is NOT going to change. Yes it sucks because you might love the job, but trust me you soon wont. when you're working for him. Its better to leave now when you have a chance of getting a good reference.

At least he does not consider himself as a god

About 3 months down the line, I predict there will be another submission: "Our boss got bored of everyone saying 'Hail to the King' as he passed. He is now requesting we call him 'Worshipful Master' or 'Most Worthy and Magnificent Lord'. FML."

mom2pen 4

Unless he's a member of the royal family, every time he enters the room just say a slight variation, such as: Hell no the king Hail to da ting Nail that thing You get the idea.

'Nail that thing'.. Hahahahhahahhaahah I'm sorry, that actually made me lol

boardforlife 0

If ur not making bank tell him to **** off

Just move your mouth up and down like you're saying it and dont make a noise, let the rest of the office do it. Or you could, and this is just a thought, grow a pair and stand up for yourself. Op's boss is probably used to getting away with whatever he wants, if you stand up to him, he might just repect you for it.

Do you work for the Jordanian govt by any chance?

that_swag 0

What were you gonna do? Tattle tale on him you pussy?

That's not fair, being polite to him is one thing but that is down right unfair

That's when you start singing some Nicki Minaj to show him who's the REAL BOSS.

I don't understand why this comment gets 5 dislikes. :/

maninthebox11 8

Or he's a major dick who is full of himself