By Postdotfuzz - 08/12/2009 00:12 - United States

Today, our midterm exams were returned in my urban politics class. I had studied hard and scored 86%. The blonde girl next to me got a 92. Earlier in the semester she had asked me what state Detroit was in. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 592
You deserved it 9 178

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I didn't know either.. =/ But I'm Australian, so that's kind of excusable? D:

Comments

I love living less than 6 miles from Detroit. The people are so easy to scam.

glorbnakcs 0

We all know that Detroit is the capital of Birmingham, but what I want to know is, was she hot?

The simple fact is good grade does not equate with an smart person. This isn't really a FML as a grade doesn't necessarily tell how smart someone really is. She could have gotten lucky if it was multiple choice. Or some teachers ask verbatim what they say in class so she could have easily memorized that. So don't take it too hard. You'll quickly find that in your first "real" job interview, you best throw out all your good grades and instead bring to the interview actual knowledge.

Why is it important to mention that she's blonde? I mean... "ditzy," "airheaded," or "stupid" would have been good adjectives. That's as dumb as saying "The Mexican girl next to me..." etc.

sarcdude 3

Unless it's to say "the mexican girl next to me got a perfect 100 on her spanish test when I had to study and work hard for my 92" :D

Being blonde doesn't mean they're stupid. The smartest person in my class is blonde..

AndelleRae 9

It would be worse if you both lived in Michigan and she asked that. Maybe she was just having a brain fart moment and couldn't remember at the time where Detroit was. Be thankful you passed your midterm instead of criticizing someone who did better than you. I have a really hard time saying FYL because you passed, and you're a little bit condescending.

Rabbity 0

Blonde does not mean dumb. For that matter, red-head doesn't mean creepy, but that's off-topic. At least you didn't fail miserably.

XxbladixX 0

so maybe she just didn't know what state it's in no problem. get over it you got a 80 and not a 0

So someone did better than you in a test. Shock horror. Why do you care? For all you know she may have actually studied. You sound like a jealous little kid. therefore YDI.

xx_irish_rose_xx 0

So, everyone forgets basic things sometimes. Not knowing where Detroit is doesn't automatically make someone stupid; haven't you ever asked a stupid question? And since it sounds like you are in a college class about politics, I doubt your test was on what state Detroit was in. Many people may be very smart and can know about all sorts of complicated things and then will have no clue about something like where Detroit is. And what does blonde even have to do with it? YDI just because you sound like a dick.