By Ford - 03/01/2018 01:30

Today, a child that was born due to my donation to a sperm bank in 1995 contacted me. My current wife, who I met in 2003, is convinced I cheated on her and is filing for a divorce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 688
You deserved it 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So math isn't her strong suit? Or is she just using it as an excuse?

I am sorry that your wife thinks that. Fetch some papers to prove that you were a donor and ask that child or/and his parents to confirm it. And after that ask him/her why he/she thought it was appropriate to contact you in any way.

Comments

if you can show her the birth certificate for the dates

Hellblazer_Sith 25

To me sounds like an excuse. Sorry to hear OP.

Can't believe how many people here are surprised that this kid contacted their father! Do you really think you can donate sperm, father a child and it will have zero consequences for your life? That child is a PERSON with every right to find out who their parents are. OP, YDI for not being honest with your wife about the fact there may be ton of kids with your genes out there in the world.

He fathered noone. He was kind enough to donate his sperm so that other people can father a child. The child is not his family just because the sperm came from his sack. When you donate you sign your parental rights away. Besides, the child should take a hint - if the donation is anonymous then the person clearly does not want to be contacted. The least he/she could do is ask the donation clinic to contact him and ASK if he wants to be contacted.

wow sorry your wife is brilliant. ? although that could have been avoided if you told her a long time ago that you donated to a sperm bank.

maybe your better off since your wife appears to be an idiot.