By myleghurts - 12/11/2012 06:50 - Australia - Strathfield

Today, on my way to school, I was shouted at by an obnoxious businessman for sitting down on the train when a "full fare paying passenger" was standing. I would normally have given him the seat straight away, except I have a broken leg. I showed him my leg and crutches. He still made me get up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 458
You deserved it 3 497

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Should have stayed sat down, some people are just plain horrible. Hope your leg heals soon :)

rintintin19 5

what an asshole, i would have held on to that seat for dear life.

Comments

Him paying more doesn't mean he gets seating rights...

Should've told him that he should be ashamed of himself cuz he is an a$$

catharsis5 9

He "made you" give up your seat? Unless he grabbed your arms and threw you on the floor, you shouldn't have given away your seat. I don't know about Australia and its bus system but the "full fare paying passenger" deserves an instant "**** you douche bag" reply.

dude, it's a free country... you didnt have to get up

You maybe a student which means student concession priced tickets but your still paying your full fare ticket (unless you stuck a few 5c pieces together to make them seem like $2 coins together and stuck them in the vending machine for your ticket... I'm sorry broken leg beats wankersbrain.

VermilionShell 1

#130, the student price for a student train ticket in NSW is not 50c, it's 50% of the full fare ticket. It is true that people on discounted tickets have to give up seats to full fare paying passengers, but only if the person with the discount ticket is able-bodied. Pensioners, for example, also have discounted tickets but they (mostly) wouldn't be expected to give up their seats. OP should have loudly told the man to sod off.

VermilionShell 1

Oops sorry, meant to be for #22. I'm an idiot.

Why did no one else on that bus stand up for you? Had I been on there I would have bitched this man out for being lazy and disrespectful to someone who needs the seat.

Ydi for getting up. Is your spine broken too?

He "MADE" you get up? I don't see how anyone could have "made" me get up especially if I had

...a handy pair of crutches to bash him over the head with! Seriously, you simply must stand up for yourself when you are clearly in the right.