By Jim - 19/04/2016 17:25 - United States

Today, my son is having housing issues, so I let him stay at my place for a while. Today, he found out that the quiet, dorky-looking professor who lives next door is an MMA fighter. He tried to break into the guy's house in the middle of the night and is now in the hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 375
You deserved it 4 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

More like F the professors life! Your son is an asshole!

sempisaviour 17

There should really be an option saying "he deserved it."

Comments

More like F the professors life! Your son is an asshole!

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Your son totally ****** deserves it OP. That's such shit, I'm glad the professor was an MMA fighter.

The dumbass son is also lucky the dorky quiet professor doesn't keep a loaded 12 gauge with buckshot in the bedroom closet. He could be in the morgue rather than the hospital. Now he's got a chance to learn from his mistake.

No reason to be so optimistic, it's more likely that he'll try to get "revenge" as soon as he gets out

andrmac 25

Highly unlikely he learned his lesson if he's having housing issues and breaking into people's houses likely he will never grow up and adult.

Ok, so why did he break into his house?

I'm guessing to try to steal money since he had to move back with his parent(s).

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Because he's an asshole. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for anyone who steals or breaks into a house, no matter your situation. I have been poor and I never once stole or even thought of stealing. It's a shitty thing to do. If you are desperate, there are places that will help you. And clearly OP's son had parents who helped him and yet he chose to be a dick and steal.

I agree with you there on never having stole and being a pathetic thing to do, but you can't lie, everyone at some point thinks about stealing something. Now the difference is actually doing it.

I'm really hoping people aren't thinking a I'm trying to sympathize or some shit, it isn't okay at all. Someone asked his reasoning, I gave the probably answer. Just because he chose the terrible way of doing it doesn't mean that wasn't the reasoning

MikaykayUnicorn 36

#40 when I say "Never thought about it" I meant "Never thought about actually doing it" haha, I have thought "I could easily just slip this in my pocket and take it" but I'd never do it; I'm too much of a pussy.

sempisaviour 17

There should really be an option saying "he deserved it."

Or they deserved it, not all assholes are dudes

ABlindMan 17

35 isn't wrong, if they did a "he deserved it" they'd have to do a "she deserved it" as well for the FML's not involving a male. A "They deserved it" button would work in general, unless of course the autho was given the choice to pick an 'HDI' or 'SDI' button.

And think what you want about the gender spectrum but there are plenty of people that use they/them pronouns so a TDI option would be the best way to go

OneOnJuanAction 22

Too bad they changed it to This Could've Happened To Me

Never judge a book by its cover. Apparently you might end up in the hospital if you do

Exactly. It could have been worse too. I train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, where you learn how to break peoples arms, legs, choke them unconscious, and control their movement in a fight. I don't look like I'm particularly well built, but I will take an opponent apart in seconds. BJJ was designed to benefit more lean practitioners. Plus there is the added danger of breaking into and armed citizens home and getting shot...

34, that sounded awfully self-aggrandizing (coming from a fellow practitioner of BJJ).

DeadxManxWalking 27
Cuntflicted 15

Your Son deserved it, and it could have been worse! Hopefully he learned his lesson.

Hopefully you say FML because your son is such a dick. Hopefully he learned his lesson. Perhaps apologize for your idiot son and hope that the neighbor won't hold his actions against you. Having a bad relationship with neighbors is best avoided if possible.