By Becca34 - 07/03/2015 02:24 - United States - Atlanta

Today, my sister and I went to visit my grandma. She looked at my sister and said, "You are just so skinny! You need to eat more cookies!" She then turned to me and said, "You should lay off the cookies!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 910
You deserved it 4 760

Becca34 tells us more.

Hey, OP here. My grandmother has NEVER had a filter. My father has told me all sorts of stories from when he was a kid. After I went home, she felt terrible and called my dad to tell him that she was sorry. My sister, who's really my stepsister, has always been skinnier. So is her mom, sister and brother. It's part of their genetics. I've known them since I was little and think of them as my blood family. I've had body issues in the past, and that's probably the main reason it hurt so much. I still love my grandma, no matter what. Thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Top comments

Even if they try to hide it, parents and grandparents always have a favorite.

My grandma once told me she thought I was going to be a serial killer.

Comments

My grandma warned me of the Cookie Monster

Lol if she has her reasons and they are true..turn lay off the cookies. I'm sure she only meant well.

"You are my least favorite grandchild."

TheEpicKitten 20

YDI because being fat is a choice

No, people can become fat due to medical conditions, or genetic disorders, of which they have no control over. The only option for those types of people is surgery. So take your ignorance elsewhere.

shiffizzle 13

Can't do anything about it if Grandma said it

jcshadow 16

Grandma's are harsh sometimes. Mine told my daughter she was chubby my daughter said so are you, kids and grandmas have no filters

A lot of people are saying the old people have no filter, which, obviously, is not comforting, not to mention it's a bullshit excuse. Using your age to excuse saying hurtful things is a shitty thing to do. My grandmother was cruel to me on a regular basis while she lived with my family, so my parents kicked her out and sent her to live with my aunt. If someone is cruel, don't tolerate their presence in your life, regardless of age or familial status.